This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our organization recognizes the need for a skilled workforce to assist the company in achieving both short and long term goals. As such, we are currently seeking candidates for two PRODUCTION TRAINER positions currently open in our Steering Systems Department at our MONROE, GEORGIA location. Normal office hours for this position will be Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m., however, candidates selected for these positions must have availability and flexibility to work different shifts, sometimes for months at a time, to provide support and training to all of our production associates. You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Production Trainer is responsible for delivering training to new and existing production operators in all aspects of manufacturing, maintaining records of all training including documents and updates, implementing new training procedures, developing and revising Standard Operating Procedures, assuring safety in the work place and adherence to our Quality System, providing hands-on work in both assembly and machining areas in addition to developing training materials and utilizing multiple forms of training media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE PRODUCTION TRAINER:
* Plan, develop, and deliver technical training sessions to manufacturing employees.
* Develop criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of training activities.
* Develop training materials.
* Document training events.
* Compile and publish training metrics.
* Develop and review training plans and curricula.
* Identify potential quality problems, compliance gaps, and possible process efficiency improvements to production management.
* Provide feedback and corrective action from the daily defect review.
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college experience or associates degree/certificate preferred. Must have acceptable scores on Wonderlic assessments.
* At least 3 years of experience training in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience delivering technical training sessions.
* Experience developing training materials, including presentations.
* Experience creating group training session records.
* Experience compiling and publishing training metrics.
* Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated attention to detail, organization and time management skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work different shifts for months at a time to train employees working on each shift.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).