This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Welder I, under minimal supervision performs routine welding and fitting tasks that meet company and departmental objectives. Assists in the creation and maintenance of welding/fitting procedures as required in support of product or process improvement initiatives. Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations
* Manufactures and assembles metal fabrications i.e. ferrous and non-ferrous using appropriate equipment and processes provided
* Manufactures and assembles, fabricated and mechanical components, structures and vessels from drawings
* Maintains a consistent standard of work and performance in compliance with regulatory and Quality Assurance standards
* Ensures the performance of work and the maintenance of work environment that meets safety goal objectives
* Assists in the development and implementation of product improvement initiatives and identifies where improvements in function, efficiency and quality can be achieved
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships in welding or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
* Knowledge of welding techniques
* Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and weld prints
* Strong knowledge of basic math
* Ability to recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
* Good communication and organizational skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.