This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Smithfield in Sioux Falls, SD is now hiring Hourly Production Team Members to work in our food manufacturing plant.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Production employees are routinely required to perform a variety of tasks that require manual material handling and the use of hand tools, knives, machinery, and equipment. This work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Good hand-eye coordination and upper extremity motor skills are essential for most job tasks. Additionally, employees must be able to work overtime, including more than 8 hours per day and more than 40 hours per week.
* Must be willing to work in any department
* Must be willing to work any shift
* All applicants must be able to safely perform the following requirements:
* Frequent climbing and descending steps and/or stairways (7 floors or more), climbing and standing on elevated platforms
* Working from a standing position on rigid surfaces for prolonged periods of time (2-3 hours)
* Frequent lifting, moving, pushing and pulling items weighing up to 25 pounds
* Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Repetitive use of fingers, hands, arms and shoulders
* Exposure to animal fat and proteins
* Exposure to noisy and odorous environment
* Exposure to temperature extremes ranging from 22-100 degrees F. and areas of high humidity
* Remain alert to the dangers of trip hazards, sharp objects, moving/rotating equipment and powered industrial truck traffic
* Vision 20/50 with correction
* Wear hard hat, hearing protection, eye protection, steel toed boots and gloves
* Walk long distances, frequently on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift, lower and/or move up to 60 pounds.
* Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling of heavy and/or awkward objects or loads.
* Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins or transport containers.
* Using static or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms to perform work.
* A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
* Standing in one place for long periods as many jobs have fixed workstation locations and are conveyor line paced
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Walking sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
* Working in cold, hot, wet, humid, and noisy environments.
* Climbing or moving on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways, and platforms.