Products Graphics Analyst Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Develops and maintains graphics, publications and web sites required by Marketing, Engineering and Sales to support product development, commercialization and life cycle management. This information is an important medium to communicate critical product information to Customers, Dealers, Architects, Designers, and Installers. Responsibilities include the development of graphics such as 3-dimension computer models, isometric technical illustrations, photo-realistic renderings, animations, and shaded line drawings. Tasks also include the composition and production of publications such as Specification Guides, including verification that they are consistent with their corresponding product databases. Additional responsibilities include the development of Web sites such as Product Reference that provides access to all Steelcase product graphic and textual information. All outputs are expected to be delivered on time and in a high quality fashion.
* Creates 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Models of products for the Statement of Line.
* Modifies SOL 3D Models for use in publications such as; Specification Guides, Assembly Directions, Service Parts Catalog, Furniture Symbol Libraries, etc.
* Creates photo-realistic images and virtual walk-through animations for Sales presentations.
* Creates and modifies Pro/Engineer (Pro/E) CAD part models for use in Specification Guides, Assembly Directions, Service Parts Catalog, etc.
* Composes & publishes publications such as; Specification Guides, Assembly Directions, Product Specifications, Service Parts Catalog, Furniture Symbol Library, and Engineering Standards.
* Designs and develops new Web sites and maintains existing Web sites as Webmaster.
* Creates/revises Special Products Assembly Directions, Submission Drawings and
* Parametric Drawing Samples.
* Creates/revises Service Parts Exploded Drawings.
* Interact with product development engineers to create product label drawings. Release and maintain the masters in the engineering database.
* Maintain and publish the Corporate Engineering Standard. Preserve coordination with the national standard.
* 3D Computer Aided Design, photo-realistic visualization and animation application proficiency.
* Thorough understanding of visual and geometric requirements for a product from verbal descriptions, sketches, photographs, prototypes, and/or mock-ups.
* Strong digital asset management capability.
* Computer illustration software application proficiency.
* Strong capability for interpreting engineering drawings, sketches, methods and terminology.
* Talent to illustration a graphic that communicates a clear understanding of a complicated mechanism, assembly or product to those with less technical know-how.
* Computer desktop publishing software application proficiency.
* Design aptitude to plan overall and individual page layouts, indicate position and size of text, graphs, and graphics within a publication or Web site.
* Technical writing capabilities to develop and edit text for publications and Web sites.
* Web development talent and skill to plan strategically, clearly define objectives, intuitively analyze users, accurately edit code, structure a site map, update content, test and correct errors.
* Patience and interpersonal skills to provide customer service by resolving complaints effectively and being proactive in building positive relationships.
* Ability to load, configure and operate computer applications and use furnished tools effectively.
* Ability to navigate databases, understand structure, and analyze data for use in the production and validation of publications or Web site content.
* Capable of attaching or linking data attributes to graphics required by application programmers and third-party developers.
* Minimum Education: High School diploma. Four-year degree in a related field preferred.
* Requires working knowledge of the Steelcase product and the ability to develop computer graphics or write highly technical documentation. Three to Five years of prior work experience with Steelcase products and systems is a normal requirement.