Professional Devel. Coach II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Child Care Resource Center
San Bernardino, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Posting
Under general supervision the Professional Development Coach is responsible for specialized technical assistance and support to child care and kinship providers including on-site quality improvement coaching and promotion of professional development access and attainment. The Professional Development Coach builds and maintains relationships with childcare professionals, provides mentoring and resources to help providers integrate new information into childcare practice, facilitates the development of an individualized professional development plan, and connects providers to professional growth opportunities.
* Recruit and enroll child care and kinship providers into Early Educator Workforce programs
* Coach and mentor providers to develop and implement quality improvement strategies in classrooms and family child care homes.
* Support providers to increase their knowledge, skills, and education in the field of early education and practices
* Support providers completion of college coursework on their path to earning child development permits and academic degrees.
* Utilize instructional tools relevant to program mandates (e.g., ECE Competencies, CLASS, ERS, and DRDP)
* Conduct on-site coaching visits to providers and provides on-the -job trainings
* Ensure providers remain compliant with Community Care Licensing regulations
* Model developmentally appropriate practices and serve as a resource for participants on child development, quality child care, and professional development
* Facilitates and coordinate regular professional development trainings and cohort meetings
* Ensure the delivery of work activities and track progress of participants
* Work in coordination with local higher education institutions and maintain connections with community agencies
* Record and submit written monthly reports, data collection, reports or other administrative forms in a timely manner
* Provide representation at local community outreach events and activities, including resource fairs, and all agency-sponsored conferences
* Adhere to program compliance regulations and funding terms and conditions necessary for performance of contractual responsibilities
* Develops and maintains schedules for on-site visitations
* BA minimum or equivalent college semester units in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field or any combination of education and experience which would enable the candidate to successfully perform the functions of the position
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in child development or early care and education
* Strong knowledge and understanding of Child Development & Developmentally Appropriate Practices
* Experience working with children and families
* Experience facilitating groups independently and/or co-facilitating groups
* Experience and ability to work with adult learners and diverse client populations
* Familiarity with child care provider population
* Knowledge of curriculum development and instructional design techniques and practices
* Ability to use effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Ability to coordinate a variety of schedules and work independently with limited direction
* Ability to complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirement and changes in assignments
* Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to successfully interface with others (bi-lingual preferred)
* Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agency staff, and the
* Ability to be flexible and innovative, as the needs of the program evolve (including flexible work hours), to support departmental and agency programs
* Ability to complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments
* Proficiency in Windows based programs and data entry experience required
* Automobile, auto insurance, California Driver s License and clean DMV record
* Provide documentation of required TB and fingerprint clearance
* Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule including evenings and weekends
To apply, visit our website at www.ccrcla.org or click on
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.