Professional Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Auto req ID
Professional Development Manager
Firm - Washington
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is currently seeking a Professional Development Manager in its Professional Development Department. The Professional Development Manager provides analytical and administrative support to the Professional Development Director, assisting in the management of the overall planning, coordination, administration and implementation of the various Professional Development programs, functions and policies. This position is responsible for the shared management of the administrative operations of the Firm s Professional Development Programs. Specific responsibilities include:
* Manages professional development process, which includes supervising, creating and publishing training calendar and develops related communication materials;
* Analyzes internal training programs including practice group focused training; makes recommendations on programs and resources where appropriate; researches and customizes new learning solutions including instructor-led, online learning, and on-the-job learning; prepares reports and recommendations for continuation, modification, or termination of programs;
* Works with the PD Director, Practice Groups and Practice Group Training Partners to ensure consistent and comprehensive practice-based training to all PG associates in each office;
* Works with PD team to support local office personnel responsible for CLE accreditation of Practice Group and office programs, including submission of applications for accreditation, collection and maintenance of feedback forms, and preparation and distribution of CLE Certificates of Attendance for Practice Group and Office training;
* Collaborates with Firm Director and PD team on the Mentoring Program;
* Works with the PD team to provide input into the design and development of the Firm s PD management systems;
* Assists to monitor the Professional Development budget and expenses;
* Provides support to Associate Talent Team for firm wide initiatives;
* Maintains relationships and communicates with consultants and outside vendors as necessary;
* Develops and maintains expertise for the Firm, including an understanding of innovative attorney training programming and curriculum; and
* Provides administrative support to the Associate Talent and Pro Bono Partner and Firm and Office Committees as needed.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience in a large or mid-sized law firm or professional services environment. JD preferred. The successful applicant will also have excellent organizational skills; effective written and oral communication skills; the ability to take initiative and contribute new ideas; the ability to interact effectively with all levels of Firm management and staff; the capability to exercise sound judgment and work well under pressure; the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; the ability to deal with confidential information; the ability to research; familiarity with web-based formats; strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project, as well as the ability to adapt to new software programs.
NOTE: This position can be located in Philadelphia, DC, Boston or NYC.