Professional Services Engineer - Plano TX - 8138
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Professional Services Engineer will provide onsite installation, deployment, and configuration relating to Palo Alto Networks equipment. The services engineer will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel and or project teams. The services engineer will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams with the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The services engineer contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the services engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products and solutions deployed within the customer's network.
* Travel (50-60%) to customer site installing and deploying Palo Alto Network solutions as outlined by the statement of work.
* Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports.
* Build custom security policies and application signatures.
* Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases.
* Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner.
* Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
* Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope.
* Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined.
* Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project.
* Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader.
* Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business.
* BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Minimum 7 years experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies.
* Minimum 5 years experience managing security solutions in large environments.
* Extensive knowledge of different security threats.
* Strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications.
* Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products.
* Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.