Professor of Law 8/23/2016
University of California - Irvine
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PROFESSOR OF LAW
* School of Law - School of Law
Open August 18th, 2016 through January 31st, 2017
The University of California, Irvine School of Law invites applications for tenured faculty positions, beginning August 18, 2016.
UC Irvine School of Law is a visionary law school focused on training talented and passionate lawyers and driven by professional excellence, intellectual rigor, and a commitment to enrich our communities through public service. UCI Law is a collegial environment, and our faculty comprises accomplished, nationally ranked thought leaders from around the country with a broad range of expertise.
UCI Law is No. 28 in the U.S. News and World Report ranking of Best Law Schools. U.S. News & World Report also ranks UCI Law:
* No. 13 in Clinical Training
* No. 23 in Legal Writing
* No. 25 in Intellectual Property Law
* Top 12 in Student Diversity
UCI Law faculty and programs also rank highly in other prominent lists:
* No. 2 in the country for government and public interest jobs (The National Law Journal)
* No. 4 overall with an A+ grade, and No. 2, behind Yale, for ratio of clinic positions (National Jurist 2016 list of Best Schools for Practical Training)
* No. 5 in the nation for federal clerkships (Excess of Democracy)
* No. 6 in the nation in faculty scholarly impact. Six individual faculty members are among the most cited in their fields, ranging from Constitutional & Public Law to Intellectual Property & Cyberlaw; Law & Social Science; Antitrust; and International Law. (Brian Leiter s Law School Reports)
* The majority of the UCI Law student population rates their entire educational experience as Excellent, far exceeding our peer schools and the national average. (Law School Survey of Student Engagement LSSE)
The School of Law at UC Irvine opened its doors to its first class of 60 law students in fall 2009, the first new public law school in California in more than 40 years. Today, the law school has 47 full-time faculty and 334 students.
Since the inception of UC Irvine in 1965, a law school was envisioned as part of the plan to become a full-service interdisciplinary research institution. UC Irvine combines the strengths of a major research university with the bounty of an incomparable Southern California location. Consistently ranked among the nation s best universities public and private UC Irvine excels in a broad range of fields, garnering national recognition for many schools, departments and programs. With more than 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 1,100 faculty, UC Irvine is among the most dynamic campuses in the University of California system.
Applicants must hold a J.D. degree or equivalent, or a Ph.D. from an accredited institution and have demonstrated potential for outstanding teaching and scholarly achievements. An outstanding academic background and relevant legal experience are also expected. Scholars from all areas of interest are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue through December 1st. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter identifying their subject areas or areas of interest, as well as their teaching and research interests; a current curriculum vitae; and a list of publications, using UC Irvine's online application system RECRUIT at the following link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03676
For more information about the University of California, Irvine School of Law, visit: www.law.uci.edu
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research Interests
Statement of Teaching Interests
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
List of publications
5 references required (contact information only).