This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Natural Resources Defense Council
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the nation's most effective environmental action organizations. We use law, science and the support of 1.4 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Air Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our air pollution cases played a major role shaping current clean air policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of over 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Program Assistant to support the City Energy Project team, part of the Urban Solutions Program. The City Energy Project is a national initiative to create healthier and more prosperous American cities by improving the energy efficiency of buildings. Working in partnership, the Project and cities support innovative, practical solutions that cut energy waste, boost local economies, and reduce harmful pollution. As a Program Assistant, you will provide day-to-day administrative support in a variety of capacities including budget and grants management, invoice processing, drafting contracts, scheduling of meetings/conference calls, and making travel arrangements. The Program Assistant will also provide support for any additional research and writing that is requested and be responsible to planning and executing program retreats.
* Schedule meetings and conference calls
* Handle travel arrangements, including logistics and conference registrations
* Complete monthly expense reports, process invoices, draft contracts
* Track, report, and reconcile project budgets using Microsoft Excel and Great Plains software
* Edit and post blogs on NRDC's website
* Plan and execute project staff retreats and annual convenings
* Assist with the recruitment and management of interns/fellows
* Create, proof read, edit and research a variety of documents and reports
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Knowledge of environmental issues, specifically related to urban cities and building energy efficiency a plus.
* Outstanding organizational skills; the ability to multi task, set priorities, follow institutional procedures and perform undirected work
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Close attention to detail and follow through on tasks
* Ability to work accurately and efficiently, with composure under deadline pressure
* Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
* Exhibit a professional manner and positive attitude
* Must possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
* Experience with expense reporting and budget planning and reconciliation
* Management of project grants and budget tracking
* Management of contracts and processing invoices related to work
* Assist with management of interns/fellows
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-803-9663.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org