This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 6/13/2017
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
The Program Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator and under the overall direction of the P30 Center Director. In addition to overall administrative responsibilities, this individual will have specific responsibilities within various Cores of the P30 Center, as outlined below.
The Program Coordinator will assist in the coordination of, and provide support for, a P30 Center of Excellence grant funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), focused on the development and evaluation of technology-based therapeutic tools targeting substance use and co-occurring behavioral health issues.
20 hours weekly
Flexible on other days Mon- Thurs
Friday 8:00am 12:00pm
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Highly organized with high attention to detail required
* Takes initiative and able to work well independently.
* Understanding of research procedures.
* Ability to identify and summarize scientific research papers for online dissemination activities
* Ability to use data management systems, such as spreadsheet software (Excel)
* Ability to use webinar technologies
* Proficiency in writing.
* Good interpersonal skills & able to work well as a team member.
* Experience in working with a decentralized staff.
* Experience with reference software (such as EndNote) preferred
* Experience using templates to update website content
* Commitment to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Three to five years of relevant experience
* Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Part Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Sonia Oren, Operations Coordinator
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
This position is funded by a grant. Continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Administrative Responsibilities (many of these responsibilities will support cross-core activities)
* Assists Center Investigators in the preparation of literature reviews and other materials (e.g., graphics, reference lists) for grant proposals, papers and other activities.
* Maintains project and Center files, including both electronic and paper copies.
* Assists Operations Coordinator in overseeing the P30 Center s centralized online resources.
* Assists in the preparation of Center documents, presentations, and external correspondence.
* Arranges in-person and webinar-based meetings, travel arrangements and scheduling.
* Coordinates and schedules a variety of activities to support Center functions and meetings.
* Sets and maintains schedules and timelines for P30 Center activities.
* Coordinates with other offices, departments and organizations to arrange co-sponsorship of events.
* Coordinates Director s travel schedule; makes all accommodations and arrangements; maintains contact with Director during travel, as needed.
* Coordinates and arranges special events (conferences, forums, dinners, luncheons, retreats, etc.) including coordinating speakers, locating and reserving facility space, arranging for necessary services, coordinating schedules and itineraries, and overseeing actual events.
* Drafts and proofreads memos and correspondence for Director s review and signature and/or personally respond to inquiries on procedural matters, as assigned.
* Compiles quarterly reports of Center-wide activities and prepares a synthesis of reports for review by the Director.
* Supports the office s mission to foster inclusiveness and diversity.
Dissemination and Implementation Core, Pilot Core, Treatment Development and Evaluation Core, and Emerging Technologies Core Activities
* Schedules meetings and coordinates and arranges travel itineraries for the Core Director(s), investigators, and outside collaborators.
* Schedules reviews of pilot project proposals.
* Prompts pilot project grantees regarding required quarterly reports and organizes reports as needed.
* Facilitates resource sharing within CTBH.
* Assists and provides back-up to the Operations Coordinator in planned Core Activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.