This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The overall purpose of this position is to support relationships within consensus building groups/ecosystems. The incumbent in this position serves as a front-line resource to identify/alert IEEE to potential legal liability, communicating/implementing of policy changes to committees (i.e., development of training material); contributes to proposals in policy changes with the SASB committees as needed; and identifies opportunities to expedite the process through possible changes in policy, tools and training. The role reports to the department head or other department manager of the Operational Program Management department. This position works under substantial level of supervision and may assist in the requesting vendor bids and make recommendations for projects that require external resources.
The Associate Program Manager engages with consensus developing groups; provides coaching, mentoring and training to the collaboration and consensus ecosystem on the standards development process; participates in the governance ad-hoc committees; supports the implementation of policy changes to committees (i.e., development of training material); and identifies opportunities to expedite the process through possible changes in policy, tools and training.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
* Management of Standards Development Process and Committees
* Develop experience-based knowledge to engage politically sensitive and high-value/high-profile projects and groups.
* Provide accurate, timely, proactive and professional direction to pre-standardization and standards developing committees in such matters as procedures, meeting management, tools, legal, technology and global issues that are consistent with IEEE-SA practices and policy, including internal (departmental) practices and messaging.
* Ensure that due process is met during the standards development process by monitoring developments, researching related complaints/issues from and about committees and cultivating good relationships with participants.
* Serve as a front-line resource to identify/alert IEEE to potential legal liability
* Support the establishment positive relationships with standards development and collaboration and consensus community to assist in aiding the standards development process (SASB/committee/working group/societies) including effective conflict, issue and problem resolution.
* Assist with defining requirements for tools to reduce the administrative burden on collaboration and consensus community members, resulting in a positive comparison of IEEE to other SDOs
* Support the coordination agreements with external entities and be aware of Working Group agreements.
* Participates in special project teams on an as-needed basis to address potential changes, issues or new policy and procedures.
* Provides input to the training material for staff and volunteers
* Provide front line diagnosis, remedy, and/or referral for constituent tool and service challenges.
* Provide the following input for professional service contracts: services and schedule that will meet the need of the client; appropriate terms and condition; deliverables, fees, and fund raising guidance.
* Technical Activities Group (TAG) Administration and Financial Management
* Monitor documents that are posted for the Technical Community members and distribute documents to the TAG members
* Provide appropriate, professional-level service to TAG groups.
* Manage the finances of assigned groups including invoicing, and profit and loss determination, and provide timely and accurate forecasts.
* Manage the contracting needs of assigned groups.
* Assist groups in fund-raising to meet obligations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BA or BS (Technical degree a plus)
* 3+ years related industry experience, with a focus on program or project management in a technical environment
* Must be familiar with project management concepts/skills
* Must possess organizational and professional interpersonal/communication skills, the ability to work well under deadlines, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Should have experience in ensuring adherence to processes and policies, as well as best practices
* Experience working with a diverse, global community is preferred
SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Valid passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport within 6 months of the date of hire (moderate travelrequired)
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite
* Knowledge and use of databases and online/web-based interfaces
* Be familiar with the value and use of standards in global marketplaces
* Be familiar with the standards development process, the standards environment, and potential legal liabilities
* Knowledge of engineering and technical industries preferred
* Develop the ability to monitor technical, political and economic forces that affect the standards development process
* Develop the ability to sense issues, inappropriate behavior and activities and communicate/escalate effectively
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, "Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions." This position is classified under [Category I--Office Positions].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.