Program Director / Nursing Informatics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Nassau Bay, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Provides leadership, planning and coordination of programs to drive business goals. Educates and assists leadership in developing strategies to respond to new program requirements and opportunities for improvement supported by external benchmarking. Interacts with at all levels of the organization, from front-line staff to senior management. Provides education and technical expertise related to the program, DNV performance measures and Pillar Goals. Collaborates with System Hospitals for sharing of best practices, reporting methodologies and identification of potential duplication of effort.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide and support strategic direction and use appropriate and evolving methodologies to drive program initiatives.
* Participates in the selection, design, implementation, and maintenance in administrative and clinical systems/programs which supports the Clinical Practice in all facets (i.e. financial, scheduling, electronic medical record, decision support, diagnostic information systems).
* Plans, directs, and ensures execution of all program initiatives to ensure that the goals of the program are met.
* Ensures nursing information systems support nursing practice, management, documentation, tasks and productivity.
* Facilitates development of data standards applicable to patient safety.
* Recommends system build priorities to support creation of a patient-safe environment for provision of excellent medical care in all settings.
* Develops materials, presentations and reports on program for Senior Leadership, Directors and Managers, and front line staff.
* Advises Senior Nursing Leadership on the role and function of information management in operations and on information systems and technology trends.
* Participates in hospital-wide committees as a designee of the Chief Nursing Executive.
* Develops and implements communication strategies throughout the organization/system to ensure accurate information regarding program purpose, initiatives, improvement strategies, and outcomes.
* Plans and initiates adoption, communication, and education strategy for new technology.
* Supports development and adoption of standards for evidenced based knowledge practice.
* Advocates for patients needs and rights pertaining to the Healthcare System s clinical information systems, including issues of confidentiality of medical information.
* Advances TMHS external image to the public in the field of Clinical Informatics through external meeting attendance, publication and speaking engagements.
* Implements change management strategies to ensure successful execution of program.
* Establishes nursing information system selection criteria and review processes.
* Drives the vision for clinical solutions and strategies for transforming patient care delivery and supportive tasks, incorporating informatics theories, principles, and concepts into practice.
* Manages the program within documented timeframes and within budget.
* Drives efficiencies and quality improvements recognizing current and future resource limitations and needs.
* Provides detailed analysis and reporting as necessary to Senior Leadership and other key stakeholders on progress of program.
* Demonstrates outstanding relationship skills to partner with key stakeholders to drive program success.
* Influences IT Clinical Informatics decisions across the system serving as a liaison between IT and hospital leadership.
* Bridges the cultural gap between clinicians and business/engineering views.
* Helps identify and coordinate the clinical data and advancement of systems to satisfy requirements of the Directors, Departments, Committees, Clinicians, staff and patients across the system.
* Provides consultative services as needed to drive program to successful outcomes.
* Demonstrate the components of I CARE values statement and complies with Business Practice standards. Demonstrates service standards.
* Follow all safety rules while on the job. Report accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicate with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors required. Masters preferred. One degree must be in Nursing.
* 6-8 years of experience in healthcare/nursing leadership, with a minimum of 3 years in successful program management.
* High level knowledge and experience with executing strategic programs to drive business success.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS DESIRED/REQUIRED
Registered Nurse with current Texas license.
Current American Heart BLS
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Able to collaborate and work successfully with all levels of the organization to gain buy in and support for program success.
* Advance skills in change management, planning, execution and business acumen.
* Experience with successful program management and outcomes
* Strategic thinker that demonstrates innovation and creativity in program management
* Highly organized with demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems and make decisions on program-related issues.
ADA activities checklist attached.
1. Indoor office setting.
2. Extensive use of personal computer.
3. Prolonged sitting and standing may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.