Program Financial and Control Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Obsidian Solutions Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Program Financial and Control Analyst
Primary Location: National Capital Region, US
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Security Clearance: Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI
Obsidian Solutions Group is seeking a Program Financial and Control Analyst in the Program Management Office that will support the Department of State (DoS) Countermeasures and Security Technology Services (CSTS) program. They will monitor company performance for conformance to the original proposal and maintain continual reviews as necessary to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is being performed in accordance with the terms and conditions contained therein. Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding overall contract status and compliance. Prepares special reports and analyses as required. Candidate will work directly for the DoS CSTS PM.
* Analyzes program financial metrics and provides updates to the PM and corporate staff.
* Develops processes for business flows.
* Analyzes processes in place and suggest how possible improvements can be made.
* Conducts internal program management reviews based on performance data.
* Provides data for client program management reviews.
* Analyzes historical data for trending and potential staffing recommendations.
* Develops financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
* Monitors progress of program requirements. Monitors cost performance against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met.
* Compile, prepare, and submit invoices for all contract requirements.
* Prepare and maintain a bi-monthly cash flow for the contract.
* Prepare bills and submit within appropriate time frame.
* Ensure timely collection and monitoring of all outstanding Accounts Receivable.
* Maintain Accounts Payable report as part of bi-monthly cash flow report.
* Communicate regularly with professionals with other companies as necessary.
* Work directly with representative from payroll as necessary for all on-boarding and terminations.
* Maintain communication with employees regarding any questions or issues they are having with their pay or logging time.
* Organize and maintain hard copies of invoices, bills, and other pertinent materials for the contract.
* Create EACs at inception of contract and maintain EACs for each contract on a monthly basis.
* Prepare projections as necessary regarding contract burn rates.
* Responsible for all contract deliverables and monthly financial reports as required.
* Assist with contractual audits with DCMA and DCAA as needed.
* Monitors funding, budgets, and period of performance.
* Performs contract closeouts.
* Works with the Finance/Accounting department to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliant invoice preparation for Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, and T&M contracts.
* Manages Program Control and Contract Profitability.
* Assists Finance and Accounting for ad hoc reports.
* All other duties as assigned by management.
* Add, delete and maintain charge codes and assign to new employees in timekeeping system.
* Manage travel including requests from the government, accommodations, and reimbursements for all charges allowed under the stipulations of the contract.
* Work with employees to resolve incorrect expense items.
* Verify timesheets and provide data for invoicing at the end of each month.
Knowledge and Skills
* Deltek Time and Expense and Costpoint with associated modules understanding and skills.
* Be familiar with MS Office Suite. Extensive knowledge and understanding of Excel and be able to use on a daily basis with little direction.
* Individual must be self-motivated and be able to work cross functionally with little supervision.
* Must have a strong working knowledge of FAR/DFAR, GSA, and DCAA audit requirements.
* Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
* Must be well organized and have superior multitasking skills.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor's Degree in Business and Finance, with a minimum of 4 years experience.
* Experience with and ability to maintain projections and compare with actuals for labor, travel, and Other Direct Costs
* Experience with EAC s (Estimates at Completion)
* Earned Value Analysis (EVA) or Management (EVM) experience
* CFCM Certification
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Normal office environment
* Up to 10%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.