Program Management Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
The Manager of Software Project Management will lead the integrated program level software schedule for the SleepIQ Platform development and continuous engineering efforts. The role will focus on the execution of customer & technical requirements, backlog management, build progression and critical development schedules. This role will coordinate, manage and execute a detailed timeline that will combine both waterfall and agile project plans; including backend, UI, firmware and integration timelines. Leading development timelines will require strong project management capabilities, business acumen and engagement through all phases of the development cycle and will include regular reviews with senior management to ensure alignment on business objectives and resource allocation.
* Develop and manage the interdependencies of the SleepIQ Technology platform local and cloud based software platforms, applications, and firmware
Act as a platform level scrum master and program manager driving the backlog development, prioritization, schedule framework and management of all requirements ensuring coordinated work across up to 12 workstreams
* Own program level dependencies to define program level risk assessments and develop mitigation plans or contingencies as needed
* Ability to develop leadership level schedule review framework to ensure critical paths and program level risks can be communicated clearly
* Audit and inspect up to 12 cross-platform workstream project managers to coordinate and facilitate key program level handoffs and platform level integration tasks to keep projects on task and on time
* Partner with the offshore and onshore SleepIQ development teams to define clear handoffs both technically and within program level dependencies
* Leverage agile principals to act as the servant leader for the SleepIQ program developing and refining tools, operating mechanisms, and communication channels to optimize team effectiveness
* Understand the SleepIQ technology platform to help bring engineers and product owners together to properly scope, define level of effort and prioritize
* Own the management of program and platform integration validation workplans
* Develop and support the customer experience validation plan including the development of clear test objectives and definition of successful completion
* Develop and manage lab based and in home product validation testing with engineering and consumer insights
* Actively resolve any open issues with new products coming to market, working cross functionally with business and supply partners
Act as the administrator of backlog management, roadmap, and quality assurance tools
* The ideal candidate will have exceptional background in software project management, communication, bringing technology based products to the consumer market, and program level leadership
* 7+ years experience; technical project/program management, product management, product development experience are ideal
* Experience with electronics and software development required
* Experience and strong knowledge of a stagegate development process
* Experience and applied knowledge of agile development processes
* Experience and applied knowledge of waterfall hardware development processes
* Proven track record of bringing forth and executing projects on time and on budget
* Experience managing a connected software product platform desired proven track record of managing a waterfall hardware platform in parallel to an agile software platform
* Strong cross functional leadership: demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate expected results
* Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high energy, fast paced environment
* Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Excellent organizational skills ability to prioritize multi-task oriented
* Attention to detail with strong critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
* Experience in working with globally dispersed teams
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field required
* Scrum Master and PMI certifications desirable
Skilled in the Microsoft office suite, with strong knowledge of Microsoft projectUnderstanding of connected cloud based product platforms * Experience with Jira, Test Rail
* Knowledge of FCC, UL and ETL
* Understanding of modular design concepts both Mechanically and via Software
* Ability to travel 15% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).