Program Management Support Manager (3384)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Program Management Support Manager
Position is on the staff of a private, not-for-profit consulting firm located in Tysons, VA and provides technical and analytical expertise within a broad spectrum of public policy management. Work will be primarily at client site in Rosslyn. Current U.S. Government security clearance is required. (See below)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Job Functions)
This position will deliver strategic and operational insights for the program management of a large, dynamic enterprise federal IT program, as part of an overall deployed team delivering independent quality assurance at the client-site. Key responsibilities include:
* Maintain budget accurately for significant federal enterprise IT investment/program that is best-in-class. Carefully coordinate and communicate impacts of budgetary changes with client leadership throughout the fiscal year.
* Manage IT investment funds for program, accounting for and reconciling budgeted versus actual dollars on a quarterly basis. Incorporate updates throughout the year to accurately report overall program funds status and fiscal health to client leadership.
* Assist program leadership to develop annual budget justification for the IT investment in report, briefing and other formats. Identify, recommend and communicate the strongest possible basis for the justification for a large number of diverse program initiatives where a strategic assessment of the situation requires strong understanding of organizational environment, federal regulations and OMB requirements for federal IT management, and client objectives.
* Rapidly synthesize information to formulate budgetary, investment, acquisition and other management strategies on an on-going basis.
* Continuously update the business case for the IT investment conducting monthly and annual reporting. Ensure thorough understanding of all reported values and underlying drivers. Proactively identify management gaps and implement processes and procedures to correct gaps in order to ensure the investment continues to meet the highest standards across all CPIC reporting areas. Proactively identify changes to federal IT management reporting requirements to ensure strong reporting position for client each fiscal year. Maintain all program documentation required to meet agency and federal CPIC requirements.
* Proactively assess risks, earned value metrics and performance for all IT projects in the program portfolio. Continuously evaluate program status to identify potential areas of concern and corrective actions to ensure return on investment from projects and accurate and robust reporting for the program.
* Provide recommendations and strategies for acquiring system integration services to execute authorized project activities for program.
* Identify continuous process improvements in the client organization primarily in the areas of financial management, risk management and performance management for all projects in the program portfolio, particularly opportunities to improve internal controls. Identify real-world strategies to implement the process improvements in the client s environment.
* Develop and update business case analyses and analysis of alternatives compliant with federal laws, regulations and guidance including A-11.
* Manage LMI program management support team to ensure quality assurance on analysis and work products and implement direction from LMI project manage to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
* Serve as key contact at the customer site in area of responsibility working with client point of contact, their senior managers and staff, systems integrator personnel, and other contractors while working as part of the overall LMI team and service delivery engagement.
* Communicate to LMI senior project leads on a daily/weekly basis in order to coordinate, enhance and optimize client management and service delivery.
* B.S in Business, IT or related field. Master s degree preferred.
* Superior written and oral communications skills.
* In-depth understanding of federal IT management regulations for CPIC including A-11, A-130, etc.
* 10+ years managing or delivering program management support for a major federal enterprise IT system in the areas of project management, risk management and performance management.
* 5-10 years project management experience, with working knowledge of acquisition requirements for a federal IT investment.
* Experience developing an IT business case for a federal IT investment.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Proven experience communicating in a matrix organization.
* Master s degree in Business or Policy or related fields.
* Certifications such as PMI are a plus.
* Experience with transforming CPIC knowledgebase into strategic direction to drive proven results for a sizeable federal IT investment. Proven experience implementing processes that produced superior IT management and therefore reporting.
* Ability to effectively communicate at senior management level including Senior Executive Staff, Deputy Assistant Secretary and Assistant Secretary levels.
* Superior quantitative analysis skills including benefit cost analysis, analysis of alternatives.
* Strong quantitative and accounting skills to manage and reconcile multiple sources and uses of funds.
* Enjoys problem-solving and taking on challenges. Internally motivated to produce high-quality results in support of client mission.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively across all aspects of the client organization and with on-site LMI team.
* Ability to proactively learn and navigate complex business environment consisting of primary client area of responsibility, senior client leadership, external client customers and their operations, primary systems integrator and other vendors and proven ability to form relationships in this environment. Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships in complex environment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE STATEMENT:
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.