This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
SGT is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager to support, organize, direct, and manage a medium size program at Kirtland AFB NM within the SGT Defense Business Unit; to include all aspects of program execution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the program; ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner and within cost parameters. The candidate will work closely with the Customer contacts and be responsible for the successful cost, staffing support, schedule, and performance of the Engineering, Development, Integration and Sustainment (EDIS) contract. The Engineering team for this program works at multiple offsite locations, therefore the Program Manager will need to be able to travel to Air Force bases in Colorado Springs and be comfortable in managing remote/virtual team dynamics.
The selected Candidate will be responsible for the execution of overall program, ensuring all customer requirements and business objectives are met, including: Planning, tracking and reporting and managing accurate budget and schedule; Coordination of staffing; Providing strategic planning and communication; Management of risks and opportunities; Primary interface with customer and SGT senior leadership; and program status reviews, team meetings and activities according to required business rhythms. This position reports to the Senior Vice President for the Defense Business Unit.
* Experience as Program Manager and/or Systems Integration Manager with a minimum 10 years specific experience leading a $25M+/year program with 50+ resources.
* Demonstrated experience managing large teams in a dynamic operational environment at multiple locations.
* Demonstrated strong stakeholder engagement skills.
* Demonstrated Risk/Opportunity management.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal/team skills.
* Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and expectation setting skills with executive level personnel, colleagues and direct reports.
* Demonstrated effective strategy development and execution.
* Proven ability to work in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
* Demonstrated ability to develop exceptional customer/partner relationships.
* Demonstrated experience working in the satellite, communication and ground system development.
* Act as a mission integrator for the program to ensure all phases of planning and implementation are coordinated
* Supervise execution of subcontracting tasks
* Supervise execution of procurement process
* Ensure continuity and uninterrupted support that enables the customer to support their customers
* Coordinate monthly business rhythms to include Program management reviews, monthly status reports, security education, Program management plan and security plan updates, as needed
* Experience in managing contracts with multiple contract types to include FFP, CPAF and IDIQ Task Order
* Previous experience with ground systems, software development and sustainment activities
Security Level: Current TS/SCI
Travel requires 25% on average
* Certified Program Manager certification desirable
* Bachelor Science minimum Masters preferred (may be substituted for years of experience)
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.