Mancon - Alexandria, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
MANCON, a large government contractor, is searching for one (1) Program Manager position to join our team. This position will be a full-time position which includes the following work days:
Monday Friday day shift. The anticipated start date for the position is as soon as possible. The pay for this position is $145,000 to $160,0000 annually.
Location/Address for Opening:
Work for this position will be performed at the Hoffman Building located at 2461 EISENHOWER AVENUE, ALEXANDRIA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Manager for the DOD Education and Employment Initiative (E2I) and Operation Warfighter Internship Programs. E2I and OWF are programs designed facilitate the early engagement of RSMs into education and employment activities that will better prepare them for successful transition to civilian life. The OWF program represents a great opportunity for WII Service members to augment their employment readiness by building their resumes, exploring employment interests, developing job skills, benefiting from both formal and on-the-job training opportunities, and gaining valuable Federal government work experience that will help them prepare for the future. OWF simultaneously enables Federal employers to better familiarize themselves with the skill sets and challenges of WII Service members in support of Executive Order 13518.
- Ensures the development and implementation of an integrated plan for E2I and OWF.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the site leads of E2I and OWF.
- Develop and support the management of strategic partnerships at the National and regional locations to assist in the identification of employment, education, and training opportunities for RSM s.
- Ensure that the programs are managed IAW DOD Policy and guidance.
- Support an employment network including federal and state governmental agencies, large corporations, national and regional community-based organizations, and local/regional employers in order to expand the number of education and employment opportunities for RSMs.
- Develop a strategy for potential expansion to ten locations, subject to available resources. Strategy shall include recommendations for locations in close proximity to highest populations of wounded, ill, and injured RSMs eligible for enrollment in E2I and OWF.
- Identify opportunities with employing organizations to determine qualifications and requirements and assist with matching and placement.
- Build relationships with potential providers of education and training assistance (e.g. academic, vocational, licensure, certifications, and apprenticeships).
- Update and maintain a Government-provided written Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Develop and recommend implementing program effectiveness performance measures (outcomes) and program evaluation tools to measure program effectiveness.
- Prefer military experience - Knowledge of Military Systems/ protocols
- Knowledge of the E2I and OWF Programs
- Bi-lingual ability
- At least 5 years experience managing at the Senior Executive Level (Military or Civilian)
- Master s degree in Health Care Management or a social science
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must possess good interpersonal skill set including negotiating skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and management skills.
- Must have experience integrating complex programs
- Analytical ability to access and interpret information necessary to determine how to best integrate processes and procedures
- Knowledge of accessing identified benefits
Sedentary work -Occasionally exerting up to 10 pounds of force by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects. Work involves sitting most of the time; walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Sitting, Standing, Walking
Pre-Employment Tests/Screens Performed: