This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Lead production readiness activities in the plant for new proSgram launches in accordance with NSSA established Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methods. Coordinate the implementation of project deliverables to ensure customer and NSSA objectives for timing, product performance and cost are met. Assigned projects may have a high degree of design and process complexity.
* Fully accountable to manage all APQP program deliverables so they are completed within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints. Major focus items include a strict adherence to program quality, budget and profitability targets, focus on the design and development deliverables, facility preparation, tooling and equipment development and installation, customer build events, line trails, packagin, staffing, measurement preparation, capacity and capability studies.
* Lead and facilitate APQP team program status review meetings; prepare meeting agendas, document and track open plant issues to closure.
* Prepare project status reports for management (monthly updates and Gateway reviews).
* Prepare and participate in project status reviews with NSSA customers.
* Facilitate cross functional reviews of APQP documents including PFMEAs & Control Plans.
* Manage and track plant project expenditures against the established budget for equipment, tooling, samples, gages and major non-recurring expenses.
* Develop, promote, and maintain effective working relationship with customer counterparts.
* Ensure compliance with TS16949 and customer requirements.
* This position as well as all positions within NSK STEERING SYSTEMS AMERICA, inc. are responsible for adhering to our Vision, Mission, and Values including Continuous Improvement, Good Housekeeping practices, Safety in everything we do, and adherence to our Environmental Procedures and Policies.
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 4-6 years of position-related experience, preferably 6-8 years of position-related experience.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Matching 401(k)
* Bonus Plan
* Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor