Program Manager - Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 7/19/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe PROGRAM MANAGER, BLUHM CARDIOVASCULAR INSTITUTE (BCVI), reports to the Program Director, BCVI, and facilitates achievement of BCVIs goals through coordinating program development efforts in cardiovascular clinical care, research and education. The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating all business services including staff modeling, program structure, program budget development, quality reporting and analysis, staff oversight, and financial preparation and analysis as warranted. This position is instrumental in providing key support of the BCVI and assisting with the development of strategies to successfully compete for market penetration.
* Provide management and oversight of existing and newly created cardiovascular clinical programs including developing the business case for new programs and directly managing clinical and/or non-clinical staff hired into these programs.
* Identifies and pursues business activities which achieve best patient experience and best people goals, enhance reputation, market and clinical leadership, improve financial performance, and enhance capability in cardiovascular disease
* Introduces, develops and facilitates new business and programmatic ideas and plans for assigned areas.
* Analyzes potential, risk/reward, resource requirements, and financial benefit to proposed initiatives through complex analysis and research of market, financial and internal factors.
* Develops, implements and manages internal measurement and monitoring systems that demonstrate the effectiveness of business initiatives in enhancing patient care, access, volumes, market share, financial performance, and program reputation within the assigned areas.
* Works with multiple departments to develop processes, internal statistics, market data, and financial performance data as needed to evaluate existing programs for their fit with corporate mission, ability to meet key strategic criteria, and potential for improvement.
Facilitate achievement of BCVIs goals:
* Program Development Support (BCVI and Center specific)
* Identify market performance and evaluating opportunities for growth in terms of volume, market share and revenues
* Assist in the development of strategic plans aimed at continued BCVI growth with favorable outcomes
* Complete, as warranted, primary and secondary research, competitive and data analysis, preliminary pro-formas utilizing hospital databases and original sources of information
* Work collaboratively, as required with various departments (i.e. Business Development, Professional Services, CV inpatient units, Surgical Services) and key leadership across organizations (i.e. NMG, NMF, NU) to achieve BCVI goals
* Must be highly responsive and effective in working with operational managers and physicians, defining projects effectively and meeting client and organizational strategic objectives simultaneously
* Through relationship development across organizations (NU, NMF, NMH) identifies and secures interdepartmental support and other resources necessary for successful origination and implementation of business strategy initiatives in order to achieve overall BCVI strategic goals.
* As warranted assists in program budget development to ensure accurate understanding of financial investment to meet strategic goals
* Operations and Quality (BCVI and Center specific)
* Work collaboratively with the BCVI outcomes management program and operational managers to systematize the monitoring and management of BCVI programs
* Assist Center leadership to formulate ideas into a quantitative as well as qualitative plan
* As warranted coordinate efforts to implement BCVI projects throughout the hospital
* Develop models (i.e. staffing) and projections (i.e. volume) to facilitate identification of future needs
In addition to the responsibilities listed, this role will be responsible for providing management supervision and oversight of cardiovascular clinical programs to include (but are not limited to):
* Cardiac Surgery post-op management
* General Cardiology/Heart Failure
* Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplant program
* Other niche programs (i.e. bicuspid aortic valve program, atrial fibrillation program, TAVR, Acute MCS/ECMO)
Oversight of these programs will involve ensuring seamless coordination of care across the BCVI spectrum from pre-op/pre-procedure testing and work up, outpatient appointments, inpatient management, follow up and successful transition back to home. In addition to coordinating all aspects of the multidisciplinary care of patients in these programs, the manager will ensure quality oversight of programs and patient satisfaction as well as coordinating research efforts related to these programs. As it relates to new niche programs, the manager will help establish the business case and develop the program structure including required staffing, patient flow, required capital as well as quality and research related aspects. Responsibilities may also include assisting or overseeing the onboarding process of advanced practice providers, nurses and other ancillary staff involved in these programs.
* Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Communications or related field.
* Five (5) to eight (8) years experience in a relevant role.
* Strong Knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
* Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills, excellent oral and communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
* Masters degree in MBA or MHA preferred, required in place of work experience.