This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Program Manager, Product and Operations role will provide operational and communications support for the Senior Vice President, and Senior Director of Product and Operations, in the Global Services and Support organization. The individual will play a key enabling and facilitating role acting with, and on behalf of, the Senior Vice President and Senior Director while working with GSS leadership, employees, and other important stakeholders. The position is multi-dimensional in nature and requires an ability to quickly learn and understand Akamai's business from an operational perspective, as well as the product strategy and key elements required to drive success today and in the future. The role will be responsible for driving a collaborative environment across the leadership team while ensuring key initiatives and projects are all progressing to optimal outcomes. In addition, the position will play a significant leadership component in our planning, strategy, and operations discussions.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with internal and external leadership in a collaborative and results oriented manner. Moreover, the candidate must bring tact and influence to the role but in the way that enables action without having overt authority. The candidate must also have exceptional operational and project management skills to ensure that key projects are managed successfully to completion. Responsibilities include:
* Partner with the Senior Vice President of GSS, and Senior Director, Services Product and Operations to identify ways to improve processes and operations for the organization and drive key projects to completion.
*Develop the structure, analyze the data and pull together the materials for GSS leadership Presentations regarding the status of Services Business (i.e. Team All-Hands, Mission Critical goals, Senior Leadership Reviews)
* Organize, design and drive a cadence around Quarterly Business Reviews. This includes coordinating with Finance, Service Operations and Services Managers to inspect the performance of the business on Sales and functional metrics.
* Communicate status, decisions, actions, and risk areas across assigned initiatives.
* Work with the Senior Vice President and Senior Director to provide additional expertise and coordination around operations and communications linking the overall Services critical initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
* Act as a key conduit between the Senior Vice President, GSS Senior Leadership and the broader Services organization to ensure key priorities and appropriate scheduling are fulling synchronized and optimized to drive actions and results
* Provide a critical role in driving the cadence of updates and follow-up actions related to key initiatives.
* Actively participate in key events such as 3-year planning, annual operating plan/budget plan, and support for offsite meetings.
* Lead and participate in special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President and Senior Director, Product and Operations.
* Build and maintain relationships with groups outside the division, including Sales,Marketing, Platform, Support, Legal, Finance, Product Operations, and more.
* Own and drive the Quarterly Cadence for Services product level forecasts, capacity modeling and resulting takeaways from each cycle. This includes validation of model assumptions, and determining business impact of areas of concern.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in working closely with cross functional teams
* Minimum 3 years of operations experience or equivalent roles.
* Highly organized with a demand for detail and procedures.
* High degree of technical expertise and business acumen.
* Detail-oriented drive to investigate and dissect information with a strong focus on quality.
* Ability to set clear and deliverable goals with demonstrated tenacity, commitment to delivery and accountability for results.
* Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with people at all levels and within various functions of organizations.
* Effective communicator, ability to convey product & technology vision.
* Strong sense of integrity and accountability