Program Manager - Cell Therapy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe primary responsibility of this role is to support the Cell Therapy Bioprocessing group in planning, implementation, communication and execution of special projects related to cell therapy manufacturing. Strong focus on communicating with internal and external project team members and stakeholders as needed to drive the completion of all project tasks and workstreams. Additionally, this role will support the execution of the Cell Therapy Bioprocessing mission and vision.
* Maintain the Master Project Plan and manage project documents include design history file.
* Present project status to sponsors and stakeholders, maintain visibility into milestones and deliverables
* Represent the project at key meetings, record and distribute minutes with action items and due dates.
* Responsible for managing the project to desired timeline.
* Drive closure/completion of action items and deliverables through follow up with stakeholders and contributors.
* Generate monthly updates including tracking any relevant metrics for stakeholders.
* Liaise with internal groups (R&D, applications, business development) and external groups (partner, collaboration efforts) for planning, securing resources and execution.
* Track budget data to ensure accurate forecasting.
* Coordinate invoicing and payments.
* Manage the project Sharepoint site/EVA Room.
* Ensure alignment across divisional needs.
Qualifications & key success criteria:
* 3+ years Project Management experience with a focus on global projects with a high level of technical complexity.
* 5+ years post-educational experience in biology, chemistry, engineering or related field. Previous exposure to bioprocessing concepts preferred.
* Experience with IP landscape analysis and coordination with Patents legal group for assessment of FTO and patentability.
* Experience in product launch activities desirable.
* Understanding of project management software and platforms and willingness to expand knowledge in this area. Experience with a stage gate process.
* PMP certification beneficial.
* Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and influence contributors across a variety of levels.
* Experience working on large-scale projects in a global, matrixed organization.
* Self-motivated with experience building a capability from the ground up.
* Agility, flexibility, adaptability due to shifting landscape of priorities the job may evolve with the business need.
* Previous work experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to perform in a virtual environment and to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization in face to face and remote settings.
* This is a global project and can involve conference calls at non-standard hours.
* Previous experience in a matrix management environment preferred.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.