Program Manager - Commercial Insurance Specialist 8/31/2016
Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 100years this agency and risk firm has been dedicated to providing insurance to protect what Iowa values. The organization built their reputation on the understanding that insurance is not only about numbers and risk, but also about people and their passions. Having a focal point on hospitals, municipalities and school districts only underscores the commitment to the community in which the company lives.
MORE ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC OPPORTUNITY:
Due to retirement there is an opportunity for an enthusiastic commercial lines coverage expert to join the organization as a Program Manager. The Program Manager will be responble for the following:
* Provide direction, guidance and underwriting expertise to agents.
* Manage company objectives and specific program/managing producer initiatives.
* Manage programs and program business.
* Analyze accounts and prepare documents for client presentations, including pre-renewal and mid-term client reviews.
* Speak on various educational topics relating to their programs.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
* Bachelor's degree.
* 5+ years of experience as Commercial Lines Underwriter.
* Experience with large accounts and/or loss sensitive programs is a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting in front of groups.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Critical thinking skills (ability to use logic and reasoning to evaluate options).
* Analytical and problem solving skills.