Program Manager 9/15/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PROGRAM MANAGER
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
The overall scope of this position includes managing, planning, and delivering Data Center Transformation projects, as well as, projects comprising these disciplines within major system and application program initiatives. The Program Manager will lead teams in assessing current data structure and data elements and architecting and designing data storage and data migration upgrades, enhancements, platform consolidations, and platform migrations for enterprise customers. Specific responsibilities include:
* Managing and delivering DCT projects
* Providing leadership expertize and support across Consulting Services; work with Account Executives (AEs), and partners to scope new DCT opportunities, prepare and present proposals, and develop statements of work (SOWs); project delivery lead project delivery and/or work with partners to ensure successful, and profitable project delivery
* Perform research to stay up-to-date on relevant topics/trends, technologies and Datalink s capabilities; maintain proficiency in data migration related tools and best practices
* Manage, develop, and motivate high performance engineers and analysts; foster collaboration among team members, and develop mentoring skills and build relationships
* Follow internal methodology and processes, and generate new perspectives and frameworks that allow problems to be solved
* Maintain and expand customer relationship and build credibility. Meet regularly with customer executives to discuss business strategy and issues of concern for the customer
* Perform all other duties, as assigned
* Adhere to Datalink s Core Values
* This position may include travel up to seventy (70%) percent
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science/Technology or related field. 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 5+ years of managing data storage and/or data migration teams from both a program and project management perspective.
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) level experience in data migration planning and technologies.
* Candidate needs to demonstrate deep expertise in several of the following areas:
* Data Migration processes
* SAN / NAS storage
* Storage architecture
* Networking technologies
* Backup and Archiving
* Ability to perform all other duties, as assigned
* Must be able to adhere to Datalink s Core Values
* Ability to travel seventy (70%) percent is also required
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.