Program Manager - Gas Gathering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Ramon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROGRAM MANAGER - GAS GATHERING
TOP 3 REQUIREMENTS/OR QUESTIONS
* Project/program management, contract administration and effective interpersonal and communication skills with a broad array of target audiences a must.
* A background in gas gathering and transmission pipelines, including the associated state and federal regulations and renewables.
* 10-15 or more years of experience with a utility or other energy company ideal.
PROGRAM MANAGER - GAS GATHERING INTERCONNECT CONTRACT PROGRAM MANAGER
This Gas Gathering/Biomethane Interconnect contract program manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day projects and processes associated with the Gas Gathering System under the direction of a senior pipeline engineer. The most qualified candidates for this position shall have an understanding and technical background working with gas gathering and transmission pipelines, project management, contract administration, and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Be an advocate for safety and lead by example. Incorporate safety into all work activities and products, including field activities and project designs. Ensure that safe practices and procedures are communicated to all employees and incorporated and followed in all activities.
* Gas Gathering/Biomethane Interconnect Liaison
* Single Point of Contact for California Producers
* Coordinate the establishment and re-completion of gas gathering wells
* Collect funds and fees associated with projects and maintenance
* Communicate outages to producers and wholesale marketing
* Project Management
* Retirement of Idle Facilities
* Installation of new Receipt Points
* Gas Gathering repairs and maintenance
* System Improvement
* Establish and maintain a database within SAP to include all gas gathering wells, receipt points, relief valve calculations and customer contacts
* Execute planned gas gathering process changes
* Work with engineers and field services to identify pipeline retirements and meter consolidations as well as the need for odorizers and Dehydrators.
* Subject Matter Expert
* Interpret CPIOA Agreements and Rule 21 requirements
* Provide monthly updates to CPBA
* Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of gas gathering assets within the system
* Act as the representative for the Gas Gathering Process. You must proactively communicate with numerous organizations throughout the company, such as Pipeline Engineering, Transmission System Planning, Project Management, Engineering & Estimating, Gas Distribution Engineering and Planning, M&C T&R and Construction, New Business, General Construction, Real Estate Management, Materials, Applied Technical Services, Gas System Operations, etc. External contacts consist of various third parties such as Cal Trans, Cities, Counties, real estate developers, landowners and construction contractors
* Utility or big oil Industry experience considered ideal
* MBA or higher education
* PMP Certification
* Understanding of Department of Transportation (DOT) 49CFR Part 192 codes and regulations and California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) GO 112E
* Experience with California Production Interconnection and Operating Agreements (CPIOA)
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team environment as well as both an office and field environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, and Outlook
* Working knowledge or experience in gas operations or gas system planning
* Experience in developing and administering contracts and specifications
* SAP experience in job ownership, materials, financials
This engagement requires the partnership and leadership of a self-starting, autonomous professional. This project is in the initial stages and moving quickly.
KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER PLAN
Our consultant will work with a designated successor within the client organization to capture any ongoing work and monitor ongoing deliverables, as well as to ensure that any project artifacts will be stored in appropriate client-designated repositories.
Qualified consultants will be introduced as soon as they are identified. Work should begin as soon as possible and is expected to require full-time, onsite deployment in San Ramon, CA for a minimum of 3 months. Minimal travel within the PG&E territory (central California) is anticipated for this role.