Program Manager II - Maple Grove, MN Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Maple Grove
REQUISITION ID: 225356
A Program Manager II is a leader of platform and/or break through product or technology development project/program. This role is responsible for leading the development of new products/services in Boston Scientific's Technology Development Process (TDP) or Product Development Process (PDP) for our Interventional Cardiology (IC) division.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Interventional treatments.
Responsibilities include development and execution of a project/program plan to deliver the defined solution business case, identification and resolution of staffing and resource requirements and issues, and developing and managing the project deliverables. These responsibilities span from program initiation to global commercialization.
- Develops and implements project plan, including cost, schedule, risk and performance for new product introduction or continuation;
- Builds team ownership and commitment to project plans;
- Provides structured thinking to project team on overall approach and delegates as appropriate;
- Directs and trains key project management processes;
- A focus on the Four Voices, personal accountability, and a commitment to results;
- Leads the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
COMMUNICATIONS AND REVIEWS:
- Responsible for team and cross-functional level communications;
- Will act as liaison between the team and the Business Planning Team/Franchise Leadership Team (BPT/FLT) (project specific).
- Leads project phase reviews; defines and tracks key business unit metrics;
- Responsible for elevating critical business decisions to the appropriate management boards and/or functional managers.
- Provides input to functional Managers/Directors on team and team member performance;
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with functional heads to drive success of Core Team members and overall Core Team contributions;
- Influences cross-functional collaboration.
- Directs and/or provides input to the technical approach to technology application and new product development;
- Identifies, communicates, and manages project risk.
- PDP/TDP system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables;
- Knowledge of quality system use for the creation and continued compliance of products;
- Actively reviews policy and practice improvements to drive functional excellence;
- Influences cross-functional systems effectiveness;
- Financial management - budget, forecast, and strategic plan input and preparation.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Direct control over activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Bachelor's degree plus 5-7 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Qualified candidate should have 7+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years of relevant project management experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Medical device industry experience preferred.
- PMP certification a plus. Experience in both new product development and product launch activities preferred.
- Strong organization, execution and communication skills will be required, as well as a demonstrated ability to lead and work together with a cross functional team.
- Candidate must be comfortable in front of all levels of the organization as well as our external customers
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Maple Grove||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Program Manager, Law, Manager, Product Development, Compliance, Management, Legal, Research