Program Manager II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Program Manager will manage multiple programs with a combined value of up to $10M annual sales and/or individual programs valued at over $5M annual sales. The Program Manager will lead a team of engineering, manufacturing and quality assurance disciplines, while being accountable for the planning, execution and performance of all aspects of Meggitt programs. The successful candidate will have complete responsibility for managing all technical, financial, contractual and schedule aspects of multiple programs.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Direct and execute the delivery, development, integration, implementation, and overall management of programs assigned in accordance with internal and external established processes
* Coordinate all programmatic activities, to include: proposal preparation, initial kickoff meetings, schedules, teaming assignments, and financial performance of contracts
* Act as main point of contact with the customer in support of program delivery and coordination of program team
* Lead a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are coordinated and executed
* Communicate program information internally and externally through formal and informal presentations and correspondence
* Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, schedule and adequacy of systems, procedures and people for long term success
* Coordinate, prepare and support data preparation and management activities for overarching business needs and to maintain program
* Identify, qualify, and present new business initiatives with current customers to corporate and senior business executives, for both domestic and international business pursuits
* Maintain status reports of programs and customer commitments and technical performance, schedule and cost
* Participate in various trade show assignments and applicable industry/customer public relations events as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business management or other technical field or equivalent 15+ years of technical experience in a project/program management capacity is required
* 7+ years of Program Management/Project Management experience in a manufacturing setting
* Experience in aerospace and/or composites industries preferred
* Experience in program management principles, budgeting and practices
* Advanced experience in financial management, procurement, and risk management
* Ability to engage and influence positive customer outcomes including schedule negotiations, scope change and professional communications
* Demonstrated experience making presentations to internal management and external customers
* Negotiation and contracting experience including working with FAR regulated DoD prime contractors and direct commercial sale customers preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Project and Power Point
* PMP certification preferred
* U. S. Citizen or current Green Card status
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.