Program Manager (Marine Engineering)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONDDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD) has a career opportunity for a Program (Systems) Manager Subject Matter Expert (SME). The candidate will support systems engineering, life-cycle engineering, cost estimation and acquisition support for Coast Guard ships under development and in service. The candidate will also support budget cycle efforts and class maintenance review conference coordination, including travel and logistics planning, event facilitation, and post review reports will also be provided. The candidate will develop, review and evaluate sustainment plans and performance standards for ships being delivered through major and non-major system acquisition procedures. The Candidate will also support the Cutter Capital Asset Management Plan, the cutter/boat aspects of the Capital Investment Plan, and vessel configuration management. The candidate will initiate input, review and evaluation of program-related analyses for cutter/boat maintenance, crewing, training, and supportability.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
* Support the implementation of Time Compliant Technical Orders on in-service surface vessels to include reviewing specifications and/or establish configuration functional baselines for assets, systems, and sub-systems.
* Support the development of USCG manuals, policy documents, and engineering reports.
* Provide systems engineering support including cost analysis, design review, ship checks, programmatic review, and other programmatic development tasks.
* Conduct acquisition analyses including, but not limited to: programming, scheduling, technical reviews, input to acquisition related briefings, task requirements specifications, technical writing, audits, site validation, specification review, preliminary design review, critical design review, reports, data analysis, and technical documentation review.
* Support tasking related to the life cycle management of surface assets including the acquisition cost & life cycle analyses for new assets, upgrade of existing assets, configuration management, performance characteristics and related engineering/design services.
* Assist in the review or preparation of technical specifications in support of procurement analysis and design data to assure conformance to operational and contractual specification requirements.
* Assist in the review or preparation of acquisition documents, including but not limited to, statements of work, specifications, and drawings.
* Prepare draft presentations and slides.
* Provide budget cycle support as required.
* Produce and manage weekly and monthly communications, content collection, consolidation and formatting.
* Act as primary point of contact for the client.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably systems engineering, naval engineering, or mechanical engineering.
Experience and Skills Required:
* Three (3) years of maritime engineering experience preferably working with the either the U.S. Coast Guard or U.S. Navy.
* PMP certification desired.
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
* Must be able to work independently.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking Apply Online below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.