Program Manager (Mechanical Engineering)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Johnson Controls is currently hiring for a Program Manager (Mechanical Engineering) This position is located in our state of the art R&D facility in Cranston, RI. The Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project.
Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Leads and directs the work of others.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks.
Able to navigate in an organization to make things happen.
Possess leadership qualities with ability to supervise/direct people.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING: EDUCATION:
* Bachelors degree with 5 years related experience in Project Management and 3-5 years in Product Development.
* KNOWLEDE OF PMI's Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK).
* PMP certification desirable, but not required.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURING BUSINESS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (I.E. WORKING WITH DESIGN ENGINEERS, MANUFACTURING, SOURCING, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, MARKETING, ETC.)
* Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Demonstrate the organizations values by bringing issues to the appropriate managers in a timely manner for resolution, sharing best practices among all teams, serving as a brand advocate, mentoring and leading by example to support a positive work environment, and encouraging other staff to do the same.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders and assist them, as appropriate, with issues or concerns to satisfactory resolution.
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Demonstrated track record of managing product development projects to completion.
* Can deal with ambiguity Can effectively cope with change, shift gears, and make decisions.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel. Visio experience desired.
* Product launch experience is a must.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
* Strong conflict management and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to perform as a team player.
* Familiar with a variety of the Engineering and Project Management concepts, practices, and procedures.