This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
North Wales, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: PROGRAM MANAGER - INNOVATION & ALLIANCES
LOCATION: UPPER GWYNEDD, PA 19454
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
* The PM will be responsible for clearly defining and appropriately tracking the successful delivery of all prioritized projects within the Innovation & Alliances department.
* The individual will work closely with the Innovation & Alliances Executive Director and his leadership team to identify coordinate, track, and report status progress for all active and planned portfolio initiatives. This also includes leading weekly/biweekly status reporting sessions, producing status reporting templates at project and rollup levels, financial status tracking, FTE resource needs, internal cross-departmental communication and broader plan alignment, presentation building and support, etc. As a program manager, he/she will also be responsible for developing and instituting overall I&A project plan timelines, milestone tracking and a reporting framework / template, keeping plans current, tracking and escalating delays, and supporting PO creation and invoice tracking.
* The person will also plan and organize the I&A Governance Board as well as core and extended team meetings as needed.
Recommended background and focus:
* Senior program and project management level experience (7-10 years)
* Strong pharmaceutical work experience would be preferred (5+ years)
* Ability/demonstrated history to productively work simultaneously with multiple projects, teams (including marketing, IT, design, med/legal, research, and various external vendors/agencies) and larger scale projects (ranging from $100K to multi-million dollar projects)
* Proven success from prior project management (including meeting or exceeding deadlines, budgeting, resource management, etc.)
* Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors as needed for the flawless execution of projects
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
* Ensure resource availability and allocation * Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
* Report and escalate to management as needed
* Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
* Ability to 'connect the dots,' based on experience with project progression to share learning's across the I & A organization in order to optimize all projects
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks
* Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
* Ensures all relevant documentation and project artifacts are maintained in central location (e.g. team space)
* Support team with PRT (med legal review) and other departmental processes as needed
* Applicable educational background, preferably in the fields of business administration, computer science or engineering, MBA preferred
* Proven working experience in project management with technology based project
* Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
* PMP or other PM certification is a plus
Referrals appreciated and welcomed.