Program Manager (ONGOING) 8/24/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Program Manager (PM) position is responsible for overall management and associated conformance to company policy for allocated projects. This position is the central point of contact with the Government or other prime contractors for the performance of all work under these contracts. This position has the overall responsibility for contract performance, financial management, safety, and quality of work, supervision of employees, personnel administration, responsiveness, and contract compliance.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Manages, organizes, plans, directs, coordinates, controls, administers, monitors, and oversees the day-to-day operational and administrative tasks/activities of the contracts
* Manages all operational aspects of project to include cost, schedule and technical performance management, personnel and subcontractor management, and other related operations activities
* Manages expectations and relationships with the client senior management, company senior management and project teams
* Anticipates problems and opportunities, and addresses them appropriately and effectively
* Negotiates and oversees the development, implementation and reporting of performance metrics
* Performs continuous review of program performance results and interfaces with client to address status, operational issues, and metrics in a timely manner
* Defines and establishes the project organization and project staffing requirements
* Identifies resources required for the, project and oversees employee selection, hiring, and development
* Leverages the full range of corporate resources to improve service delivery
* Serves as key team member in proposal efforts and sales calls to develop solutions that meet existing and potential client expectations
* Ensures work is executed in accordance with company practices and values and client specifications
* Communicates with the corporate office on all matters related to contract execution and performance such as personnel safety, deliverables, personnel issues (to include staffing performance), contract task conflicts, contract scope, contract financials, etc.
* Provides the leadership, direction, and necessary resources to ensure successful and effective contract performance in the areas of safety, quality of work, cost productivity, compliance with established procedures, timeliness, accuracy, and cooperation
* Establishes and maintains a Safety Program in accordance with contract requirements and in compliance with corporate program
* Exercises sound business practices/methods, ensures all business activities are in compliance with all corporate policies/procedures and contract requirements, are carried out in a legal and ethical manner and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and are in accordance with good corporate practice
* Ensures that staffing is available in adequate numbers of qualified personnel in the proper job categories to satisfy requirements of each specific Delivery Order
* Ensures that all requirements are met to maintain security as delineated in the Industrial Security Manual for Safeguarding Classified Information
* Ensures that all administrative and operational requirements are met as stipulated by the Corporate Offices
* Assists the Corporate Office in processing all administrative paperwork, time sheets, employee complaints and grievances, and any reports required by Federal, State, or Local governments
* Performs complete management and oversight functions for contract partners and subcontractors
* Performs related work as assigned
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Ability to deal with people in a professional and courteous manner
* Ability to exercise independent judgment
* Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
* Ability to organize and prioritize own work as well as that of assigned staff
* Ability to research and analyze data
* Bachelors degree in Business Administration Management or Engineering, or Science/Technology Fields
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
* Fifteen (15) years of experience in a position of overall management responsibility for multi-million dollar contracts
* Fifteen (15) years of support services on a Department of Defense (DoD) USN, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) USCG, and/or other federal Government contract or operation
* Ten (10) years of hands on/direct experience as a Senior Level Manager on a DoD and/or other federal Government contract, or logistics support services. Experience must be current or within the last two years
* Experience showing good communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills
* Working knowledge of FAR/CFR/FTR/GTR and Contract Administration with the ability to write and develop Contract Specifications and Statements of Work
* SECRET Security Clearance
* U.S. Citizenship
* Masters degree in Business Administration Management or Engineering, or Science/Technology Fields
* Knowledge of and experience with U.S. Department of Labor employment law (regulations/terms and Fair Labor Standards Act)
* Twenty plus (20 ) years of experience in a position of overall management responsibility for multi-million dollar contracts