Program Manager, Resource Planning - New York City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
PROGRAM MANAGER, RESOURCE PLANNING - NEW YORK CITY
JOB ID 20163107 DATE POSTED 09/09/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the NYC Gas Program Manager you will provide program/portfolio management in order to ensure all capital work is delivered on time and on budget and mandated targets are met. Manage the NYC Gas Capital portfolio to deliver agreed performance targets while improving customer satisfaction, productivity, and efficiency. Provide visibility to progress and forecast units and financials against work plans using comprehensive reports and presentations.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Monitor and analyze monthly resource levels, resource predictions, performance and plan progress in order to recognize key themes and trends and then act to correct any divergence from the work plan.
* Monitor and review work undertaken across a number of small to medium scale programs or a large complex program in order to ensure appropriate use of resources and adherence to schedules and deadlines.
* Manage, balance, and coordinate resources (internal workforce and external contractors) in order to optimize short and long term resource needs and deliver against the approved work plan.
* Produce high level and detailed forecasting models to support senior management in defining resource planning strategies.
* Work collaboratively with the Gas Finance support group to assess trending financials as they relate to the work plan and approved capital budget.
* Identify and communicate potential overruns and/or underruns across programs within the capital portfolio and propose solutions to support senior management decision making.
* Provide centralized direction to stakeholders for achieving spending and work plan delivery targets.
* Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others in order to share knowledge and develop technical understanding within the function.
* Promote and implement procedural best practice in resource management in order to ensure all work performed (and where relevant, health and safety standards) are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory requirements.
* Manage the day to day relationship with contractors and other external service providers, including negotiation, interpretation and application of established contractual agreements and/or service level agreements to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for National Grid.
* Lead, motivate and develop a professional team, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer/business objectives.
* Review and approve changes to programs, identifying risks and overcome barriers to implementation to ensure efficient outcomes for National Grid.
* Challenge existing processes and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies for the business
* Monitor end to end process and facilitate discussions to identify and resolve gaps.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Minimum of 3 years Program/Project Management experience or equivalent work program or project management experience preferred.Advanced degree/credits preferred.Bachelor's degree in a related discipline preferred.Minimum HS diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience in fact finding/data mining, including knowledge and understanding of where to find and how to present relevant information and data
* Working knowledge and experience in program management principles, tools and techniques.
* Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Project Management software (Primavera preferred or Microsoft Project)
* Experience in Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) preferred.
* Knowledge of National Grid s business operations, company policies and practices.
* Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
* Knowledge and proficiency in relevant company IT systems including MAXIMO
* Experience of managing the work of multi-functional or diverse teams, demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:NY-Brooklyn, NY-Staten Island
:Sep 9, 2016, 2:30:21 PM
:Oct 9, 2016, 11:59:00 PM