Program Manager 9/2/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _"THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT THE FUTURE IS TO CREATE IT." - ABRAHAM LINCOLN_
Strivector is a recruitment and staffing agency. We work with some of the leading, fastest growing companies in the United States. Our clients are growing so fast that they can't hire good people fast enough to keep up with their growth. So we help them. We reach out to awesome talented individuals like you and connect them to their dream companies and dream jobs.
If you're the best, and you are looking for something better, let's talk. :-D
Take your career up a few notches with global market leader in advanced wound therapeutics and regenerative medicine, offering innovative solutions from the hospital to home that improve the lives of patients in more than 80 countries.
As a Program Manager, you will lead/manage PMs. Your roles and responsibilities will include:
* Manage a group of inter-related projects moving towards a common goal reporting to the PMO.
* Works with stakeholders to define and execute program business plans, focusing on delivering projects that support strategic vision and business priorities.
* Establishes a planning process to align business needs with annual budget.
* Runs complex projects/programs from inception to launch with the support of dedicated Project Managers.
* Ensures the execution of the program is carried out timely and within budget.
* Aligns program objectives and initiatives with the portfolio strategy accounting for any cross-program dependencies.
* Establishes consistent communication with stakeholders to understand expectations and business strategy as well as to communicate status of program and related projects.
* Provides program level updates and summaries to executive leadership.
* Coordinates with Procurement to develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services and align budget accordingly.
* Manages vendor relationship(s)
* Facilitates trade off decisions between quality, costs, resources, scope and time to prioritize demand.
* Partners with application managers to align business need with technology road map, customer expectations and to develop execution plans.
* Plans for risk and develops strategies for dealing with potential risks as well as covering them.
* Maintains program budget and ensures resources are appropriately allocated.
* Assist IT Demand management in identifying the need for project requests and assisting business in articulating business value.
* Partner with IT Executive leadership to define vision with business units.
* UP to 25%travel within the US
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This is a Program Manager position and requires someone who has experience in Managing a group of PMs. The ideal Program Manager would be someone with deep experience in many (if not all) of the following:
* 3 years' experience with program management and managing of direct reports.
* 5- 7 years' experience in IT project management, including SW development and delivery
* BSdegree in Information Technology or related business analysis field
We understand that even if you are a seasoned Sales Representative you may not have all the skills listed here. If you are a good at what you do and have a willingness to learn, lets talk.
COMPENSATION: Based on Experience. One of the best in the industry
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate in Computer Science or Engineering
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 5-7years of experience IT project management, including SW development and delivery.
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time Permanent Position with benefits
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
RELOCATION ACCEPTED: Yes