This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Summary:
Provide program or project management for product development and sustaining programs within the Access Technologies business unit. Coordinate resources for system releases of product families and/or platforms. Manage multi-site, cross-functional project teams to ensure successful completion product development efforts, as measured against schedule, product cost, and project cost.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership and management for entire product families and/or platforms by guiding product development teams in the execution of multiple projects in adherence with company defined product development processes.
* Coordinate resources for system releases of product families and/or platforms, including firmware, software, technical publications, and/or hardware.
* Manage cross-functional project teams to ensure successful product development efforts, as measured against schedule, product cost, and project cost.
* Resolve team conflicts and provide guidance as it relates to the product development process and team dynamics.
* Coordinate and actively participate in project risk assessment, design reviews, and lessons learned activities.
* Perform project planning, tracking, and reporting. Maintain project metrics, communicating project status, issues, and requirements both verbally and in writing.
Coordinate project scheduling activities including identifying project task dependencies and resource requirements, and assessing project risks/mitigation strategies. Interface with other departments to achieve platform goals.
Serve in a leadership role as it pertains to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) agreements, as well as Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) and Project Data Management (PDM) integration efforts.
Serve as the custodian of the platform development team project portfolio.
Assist with budgeting, capital appropriations, and project cost estimating.
Conduct technical presentations / demonstrations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a product development team from concept to product release.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems as it relates to product development deliverables. Working knowledge of product data management software a plus.
- Skilled in new product introduction and project metric tracking.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Effective at working in team situations.
- Strong working knowledge of project metric tracking and analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint
- PMI Certification a plus
Minimum Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
Minimum 6 years industry experience
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.