This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Company Name: TA Aerospace is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of Esterline Engineered Materials.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Program Manager
Job Family: Program/Project
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing Strategy
Works with: Operations, Management
Location: Valencia, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
Reports to the Director of Manufacturing Strategy, Esterline Engineered Materials. Responsible for technical /operational leadership of assigned integration projects within the programmatic guidelines set by his/her manager and the customer. Manages project activities, monitors progress, and ensures tasks are completed to support project schedules and budgets. Communicates and issues status to responsible departments and senior management. Serves as the primary point of contact for customers in regards to all project related activities.
* Ensures the transition of operations in support of integration project initiatives with little to no impact to quality or delivery. Drives project plans to execution meeting schedule and budget requirements.
* Manages multiple projects across different EEM locations to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives and timelines, and that deliverables are met.
* Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk, both technical and business.
* Solve issues though review, action item lists, PDPR, expediting, influence, persistence, innovation and elevation to management.
* Develops and maintains project plans that identify work scope, work breakdown structure, schedules, milestones and task priorities.
* Directs and coordinates project activities among multiple departments (sales, engineering, R&D, finance, operations) at all organizational levels.
* Serves as customer point of contact for all project related activities.
* Coordinates first article approvals, customer visits, project deliverables, schedule, payments, qualification requirements, conference calls and production start-up in Mexico with the customer.
* Ensures customer flow down of requirements for production transfer.
* Tracks program costs as required.
* Modifies methodology/approach as required for redirecting activities and attaining objectives.
* Reports and presents project status to the team and executive management. Develops and reports project metrics.
* Quantifies and presents implications of changes to project objectives/plans to project team/management.
* Uses sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, customer, and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
* Supports and coordinates facility layouts, site setup, CAPEX purchases, inventory burn down, customer demand required from new sites, shipments from sending sites to receiving sites, training, and other tasks as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong customer communication background.
* Technical skills including the ability to proficiently utilize computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
* Ability to direct, coordinate, and exercise authority in a matrix reporting structure for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects.
* Communication and Presentation skills required. Will present to the Executive Management team.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or business.
* Five years of hands-on engineering or project/program management experience.
* Prior experience in a cross-functional management structure is strongly preferred.
* Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred.
* Ability to travel required (~40%).
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
* Approachability - Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease.
* Directing Others - Sets direction, distributes work, lays out clear plans, is organized.
* Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to others and can build rapport across the organization
* Motivating Others - Empowers others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best, shares ownership and visibility.
* Sizing Up People - Good judge of talent; sees the importance of effectively using each person s strengths.
* Organizing - Able to orchestrate effective use of all available resources.
* Planning - Ability to develop schedules and task/people assignments.
* Priority Setting - Able to quickly zero in on the critical few leaving the trivial many.
* Building Effective teams - Knows when and how to use teams and uses them effectively.
* Managerial Courage - Takes appropriate action when necessary; faces up to problem people or situations.
* Drive for Results - Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results
Esterline TA Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).