Program Manager, new Post Doc Division!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Executive Director, Center for Faculty Development and in consultation with the Director, Post Doctoral Division (PDD), the Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that major focus areas are appropriately developed, planned, managed, monitored, supported and reported. These focus areas will help the PDD meet its initial high level goals: serving the basic practical and academic needs of postdoctoral fellows, providing programs, services, and resources designed to enhancing the overall experience of postdoctoral fellows affiliated with MGH.
High-level project management and analytical support will be necessary to launch and establish a full range of program initiatives for the PDD. The focus of this position will be on identifying and assessing the needs of postdoctoral fellows at MGH, and in consultation with the Executive Director and PDD Director, the Program Manager will help shape the vision, design and implement programs and services to meet those needs.
* Act as PDD point of contact for day-to-day administrative matters and be the face of the division.
Facilitate the development and advancement of the PDD Advisory structure, meetings, tasks, etc.
Identify, develop and manage programs and activities that will enhance relevant career skills, knowledge, and community building for postdoctoral fellows
Analyze participant evaluation forms to determine effectiveness of program and develop future planning ideas
Schedule consultations between postdoctoral fellows and PDD Director for relevant issues.
Work with the current CFD Administrative Support structure to leverage tools (e.g. website, consultation database, evaluation database, etc.) processes and policies.
In concert with the PDD Director and Executive Director, facilitate PDD outreach activities with HMS community and beyond
Create and maintain a database of MGH postdoctoral fellows working in the research community
Develop/enhance appropriate communications to reach the MGH postdoctoral community
Create and maintain the PDD website page
Develop presentations for internal use at MGH and for external use about the progress of the PDD
Collect and analyze the data in order to improve services, identify and report on trends
Meet with postdoctoral fellows as necessary.
Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors in Healthcare Administration, Business, Science or equivalent required, Masters level preferred
* At least 5 years of progressively responsible administrative/program management experience in a scientific/ research/graduate program environment. (Experience working with postdoctoral fellows a plus.)
* Demonstrated ability to lead institutional initiatives to completion as well as an exemplary record of successful program management
* Must possess strong writing and presentation skills to effectively communicate to internal and external constituencies
* Must possess strong analytic skills
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
* Ability to prioritize, must possess strong organizational skills
* Ability to work well with all levels within the organization and must possess strong interpersonal skills
Must possess strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite including Access and web design tools.)
The position is contingent upon adequate funding. While the department anticipates that funding for the position will be available for two years, the department cannot guarantee the duration of available funding.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.