This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is seeking a project manager to join the Genomics business unit to lead project core teams focused on the development of in vitro diagnostics, with emphasis on software and bioinformatics tools.
This position will provide hands-on leadership of cross-functional core teams through the complete project lifecycle from concept to delivery, including planning, execution, and stage gate reviews.
* Leadership of global cross-functional core teams
* Ensuring project compliance to overall project plan including defined scope, schedule and cost goals
* Leading checkpoint review meetings and representing primary functional stakeholder interests throughout the product development process
* Establishing and maintaining project lifecycle documentation
* Mentoring of project team members in Agilent business and quality practices
* Ability to manage multi-site teams including direct and indirect project resources
* Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
* Desire to succeed with a moderate level of guidance, while successfully multitasking amongst several competing initiatives
* Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
* Experienced in constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
* Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options
* Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
* Ability to adapt to new technologies and scientific disciplines while ensuring consistent application of lifecycle management processes across domains
* B.S. or B.A. in Science, Engineering, or Project Management with a understanding of the biological sciences; PMP certification a plus
* Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience managing complex development projects, preferably in the medical device, diagnostics, life sciences or biotech market with emphasis on software and bioinformatics tools
* Experience using structured product development lifecycles and agile development processes; Agile SW development experience is a plus
* Experience using Atlassian software development toolset a plus
* Experience with clinical validation of software and bioinformatics tools a plus
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
* Experience defining and maintaining strategic direction while ensuring successful execution of project details
* Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions (research, development, manufacturing, quality control, marketing) and locations
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability..