Programmer Analyst - AS400
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION : AS400 DEVELOPER
LOCATION : MADISON WI
DURATION : PERMANENT
The Programmer/Analyst position supports the business by analyzing and working on projects and assisting users with resolving ERP related issues.
* Candidates must be detail oriented, have strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Must understand and conceptualize applications from both a technical/programming perspective and a business point of view.
* Perform all or part of the software development life cycle and follow a methodology.
* Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support the organization's application systems
* BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR RELATED DEGREE
* THREE TO FIVE YEARS OF DEMONSTRATED PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE
* EXCELLENT PROGRAMMING ABILITIES MUST BE POSSESSED USING THE LATEST RPG IV RELATED TECHNIQUES (EMBEDDED SQL, FREE-FORM RPG, SUB PROCEDURES, ETC.)
* Ability to review older versions of RPG code is a plus
* A STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF ERP SOFTWARE SUCH AS MAPICS/XA (OR EQUIVALENT), EXPERIENCE WITH BUSINESS OPERATIONS, AND HOW THE BUSINESS USES THE SOFTWARE MUST BE POSSESSED
* Manufacturing experience is a plus