Programmer Analyst (HWE) - Orlando, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A PROGRAMMER ANALYST
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Welfare Enterprise (HWE) business group within Aon Hewitt.
Your Impact As A Programmer Analyst
The Programmer Analyst (PA) is responsible for programming and testing batch systems to meet client requirements and provide technology support. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying system specifications throughout the production life cycle. The PA will also analyze and amend system errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. The PA is also responsible for ensuring that programming for batch systems (SAS, SQL, and JCL) operates smoothly and remains current. The role performs batch analysis, maintains technical documentation, prepares test plans, and conducts testing for assigned clients.
Test Plan Execution
* Identify/create test cases based on test plans.
* Investigate and resolve issues when actual results don't meet expected results.
* Perform batch regression testing.
* Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
* Prepare and share project status reports.
* Prepare programs for production deployment including documentation and automated job submission following System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) procedures and standards.
* Create or assists in the development and maintenance of user documentation and processing guidelines.
ONGOING PRODUCTION SUPPORT
* Support the production schedule.
* Restart failed jobs.
* Perform defect analysis and correction.
* Systems/Code Analysis Assistance
* Review client requirements documents, interface layouts, and any preliminary analysis.
* Identify needed programming to meet client requirements.
* Complete SDLC analysis artifacts with programming needs.
* Deliver analysis artifacts to PAs.
* Test Plan Design Assistance
* Review client requirements documents, interface layouts, and any preliminary test plans.
* Identify needed test cases.
* Complete test plans with test case needs following SDLC guidelines.
* Coaching of new PA
* Assist in the delivery of training for new team members.
* Conduct on-the-job training for new hire programmers.
* Perform code reviews or analysis reviews for other PAs.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 1-2 years related work experience preferred.
* Strong people and project management skills.
* Background in the development and implementation of software solutions.
* Experience with production scheduling software.
* Familiarity with human resource, payroll and/or benefit systems.
* Direct experience with automated software and system management tools.
* Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Experience with core software applications, including SQL/DB2 and Data Models.
* Technical fluency in top-down programming languages, including SAS.
* Experience with project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MVS/JCL/ISPF.
* Familiarity with and understanding of cost build worksheets.
* Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Any type of offshore experience; languages, and culture.
* Ability to effectively prioritize, manage, track, and report project status.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
* Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
* Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
* Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Off-hours support of batch environment; includes carrying a pager to responding to failed jobs overnight and on weekends.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor s degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420382
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, FL, Orlando