Programmer Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
College Park, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Review, analyze and modifies programming systems encoding, testing debugging and installing to support an organizations application systems. Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. May be expected to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding and corrections: Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Requires proficiency in programming languages. May lead and direct others.At least 4-6 years of related experience.
Successful performance in the subject position will require the following skills:
* Leads team on medium sized projects or significant segment of large projects of medium
* Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions
involving scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components
* Provides an independent assessment of how the project's software development process
is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to
optimize the organization's process.
* Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and
* Participates in development of software user manuals.
* Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on
* Ability to program in C.C++,Fortran, Scripting Languages (Perl, Python, BASH)
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.