- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Programmer Analyst III
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Programmer Analyst III
Semel 57-452, Westwood, CA
$29.21 / $5083
$57.76 / $10050
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Incumbent will be responsible for data management, computer programming, website design and management, and network/user support for the Neuromodulation Division and all entities therein such as: Laboratory of Brain, Behavior and Pharmacology, and the Semel Institute Office of Professional and Community Education.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
1. Develop and maintain databases for research projects and educational programs
2. Supervise the quality of data entry into the database
3. Work with statisticians to prepare data for analysis
4. Analyze research data using SPSS and Microsoft Excel
5. Support technicians and other research staff in manipulating data formats for importing data from collaborators or exporting to collaborators
6. Design data entry interfaces accessible from remote locations and partnering research study sites
7. Develop and write custom tools and programs as requested by Principal Investigator using C++, C# and visual basic programming.
8. Use the Brain Vision Analyzer system to process EEG data collected on human research subjects. Write new macros to perform data processing task.
9. Design programs to aid in visual interpretation of data, including coherence graphs and colored brain images.
10. Write applications to create reports and perform statistical calculations.
11. Perform computer and network system administration for the Laboratory of Brain, Behavior and Pharmacology and the Office of Professional and Community Education
12. Perform software and hardware installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
13. Maintain Web, file, mail servers and monitor for security threats.
14. Perform database and system backup and restore.
15. Perform repairs on malfunctioning computer systems
16. Maintain and troubleshoot network printers
17. Attend bi-weekly research meetings
18. Perform additional duties as requested
WEBSITE DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
19. Design new websites and functionality, and provide ongoing management of websites for the Laboratory of Brain, Behavior, and Pharmacology, the UCLA Depression Research & Clinic Program, the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Program, and the Office of Professional and Community Education
20. Perform design updates and feature improvements to existing websites.
21. Work with the Principal Investigators to update and ensure the accuracy and proper structure of online material
1. Strong knowledge of MS SQL, MS Access, Filemaker Pro, queries, functions and stored procedures. Knowledge of Filemaker pro is a plus.
2. Demonstrated ability to design and write Object Oriented and modular, reusable, well documented computer programs in C++, C# and VB.NET.
3. Expert knowledge of developing web applications & services using ASP.NET and SQL database. Knowledge of IIS & Apache web servers.
5. Working knowledge of web and database design and development, including
Apache HTTP server and RealNetworks streaming media server systems.
6. Demonstrated ability to comprehend and adapt to rapidly evolving
7. Experience in utilizing microcomputers and microcomputer network for data management
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain desktop, laptop, workstation, and server hardware and software on both Apple and windows platforms
9. Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly to use appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information to individuals at various organizational levels.
10. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with other staff members.
11. Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect relative importance of job responsibilities
12. Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction or supervision.
13. Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.