Programmer, Analyst - NIFA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
Cherokee Services Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) provides leadership and funding for programs that advance agriculture-related sciences. NIFA invests in and supports initiatives that ensure the long-term viability of agriculture.
The programmer / analyst will be responsible for performing analysis, design, and development of object oriented applications. He or she will work closely with a team of developers and testers during each step of the process.
• Design, develop, test, and implement applications.
• Install, upgrade, configure, and maintain application environments.
• Research requirements.
• Interact professionally with clients and team members.
• Provide operations and inquiry support.
• Provide support for the team as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or related field preferred.
• Intermediate level of experience with Object Oriented Applications
• Intermediate or above experience in Linux
• Experience with any one of the following two databases: MySQL, Oracle
• 3+ years of prior professional experience with application development, database design, data warehousing, and/or business intelligence
• Intermediate knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including Agile
• Experience with Ruby on Rails desired
• Experience with Test Driven Development desired
• Experience with Java desired
• Working understanding of System Administration and interaction with software applications
• Ability to communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong written and oral and communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10459 online at www.cherokee-csg.com
Established in 2005, Cherokee Services Group (CSG) is a leading provider of information technology and business support services. Its award-winning team of more than 200 employees delivers best-value IT solutions for commercial and government clients across the U.S. The company specializes in software and application services, network infrastructure services, and business process services. Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Cherokee Services Group has a regional office in Fort Collins, CO, and 22 additional offices nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CSG is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf