This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under limited supervision, code and unit test changes to complex computer programs from program specifications. Support test execution for additional levels of testing including system level and integration tests. Documents and maintains those programs.
Job Specific Information
The Enterprise Foundational Services team is responsible for architecting and building the middleware software applications to support the core FedEx capabilities (Shipping, Rating, Tracking, etc.). The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to develop in Java J2EE. Specifically, the successful candidate will wrok to:
* Design, develop, and unit/integration test enterprise scale solutions to support the organization s business strategy and goals.
* Communicate with business analysts to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed.
* Review requirements and data models and translate into responsible applications and architecture
* Conduct design and code reviews with extended team to ensure that code meets FedEx Enterprise Foundational Services standards
* Track and resolve software defects
* Support test execution including system level and performance/destructive tests
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
* Languages: Java, J2EE, and associated components
* Build Frameworks: Ant, Maven, Gradle
* SCM: SVN/CVS/VSS/SourceAnywhere/Rational Clear Case
* Continuous Integration Platforms: Jenkins/Hudson
* Application Servers: Weblogic/Tomcat/JBoss
* Comm Protocols: RMI, SOAP WebServices, REST, JMS
* Databases: Oracle/Sybase/SQL Anywhere
* OS: Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting
* Unit Testing Utilities: jUnit/TestNG, EasyMock/Mockito
* Java Frameworks: Spring, Log4j, JSON, JaCoCo/Emma, PMD
Professional / People Skills:
* Excellent analytical / problem solving
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Positive Attitude
* Able to work as a team and individually
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Two (2) years work experience in information technology or engineering environment.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..