This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
HITT Contracting Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
HITT Contracting Inc. is a leading national general contractor headquartered in the Metro Washington D.C. area with regional offices throughout the U.S. With revenues exceeding $1 billion and a long history of financial success, HITT offers a work environment with stability, growth potential, and a fun work hard, play hard culture. As a family-owned company, HITT treats our employees like family as they are the key to our success.
HITT is looking for an experienced Project Accountant for our Charleston location. This is a great opportunity for a strong individual to contribute in a key role within our accounting team. Some basic job responsibilities include:
* Responsible for hands-on job cost accounting for multiple projects to include Subcontractor AP processing, Client invoicing, and budgeting
* Maintain detailed knowledge of all costs related to each project
* Actively involved with Project Management team to ensure they get the direction/support needed
* Ensure existing Project Accounting and all Company Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated and enforced
* Be aggressive, but tactful, in communicating/discussing/resolving accounting related problems with team, striving to correct problems in a timely manner
* Actively monitor projects from a risk management perspective and elevate as needed
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience required
* 2-5 years Construction or project-related accounting desired
* Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
* Ability to multi task
* Able to prioritize while working in a fast paced environment. Detail, rule and goal oriented
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and exposure to ERP systems or comparable business software. JD Edwards experience a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to balance speed with quality of results (we require both)
* Detail oriented, organized, and disciplined
* Friendly, courteous, and positive in nature
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis protected by law. The management of the company will act affirmatively to prevent discrimination in employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on the job training.