This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 3/16/2017
Helix Electric Inc
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support our growth, we seek a Project Accountant in Las Vegas, NV. The Project Accountant will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the accounting & finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
* Accounts Payable, includes processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner. Vendor maintenance in CMiC.
* Correct distribution to general ledger expense accounts and job cost distribution to appropriate phase code and cost type.
* Vendor statement reconciliation.
* Intercompany account reconciliation.
* Labor compliance and lien release collection and processing. Able to verify calculations on subcontract billings.
* Assisting with Monthly and Year End tasks.
* Assist with Special projects as required.
* Prior work with job cost accounting software is a must.
* Bachelor's Degree (Preferably in Finance / Accounting)
* 1-3 years accounting experience
* Construction cost accounting experience, preferred
* Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
* Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility
* Effective time management skills
* Enhanced verbal and interpersonal communications skills
* Effective problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment
* Must be honest and trustworthy
* Must be on time for work
* Be respectful
* Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
* Be flexible
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Helix Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer