This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The primary accounting and administrative support for a construction project, from project startup through final closeout. Serves as the liaison between the jobsite and the finance department, ensuring all accounting standard operating procedures are followed at the jobsite. Performs activities related to contracts, bonds, insurance, payables, liens, billings, payroll/cost/budget reports for the jobsite management team.
* Provides information to appropriate people regarding project status (i.e. PFR, job cost reports to owners, etc.) and communicates between the field and corporate office.
* Ensures job cost reports and accounts receivable reports are accurate at all times and in balance with the general ledger.
* Ensures all information in the project cost system and underlying supporting records are properly classified in a manner that best facilitates the use of the information.
* Understands the nature of the project cost systems and the information processed. Bring issues to the attention of Financial Services and the Project Manager for assistance and further evaluation.
* Enters all financial paperwork into the accounting system to ensure timely and accurate job cost information. This includes owner and sub change orders, owner billings, budget transfers, subcontractor pay requirements, payroll and A/P invoices.
* Processes all miscellaneous and blanket purchase order invoices in a timely manner and ensure supporting paperwork is attached, correct and approved.
* Collaborates with key people to process monthly billings to owners and runs projected final cost report. Subcontractor Management
* Processes subcontractor monthly pay requisitions and ensures all supporting attachments are correct. Follows up with subcontractors to obtain any missing documents so subcontractors are paid on time.
* Maintains subcontractor/vendor purchasing register. Verify all subcontractors have current insurance certificates by checking the insurance/held check database and the fully executed contract prior to the subcontractor starting work. Project Administration
* Implements and maintains a filing system according to company guidelines. Establishes and maintains files required for company Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Minority Business Entity (MBE) requirements.
* Performs various administrative tasks for the jobsite, including: handling incoming/outgoing mail and overnight mail, establishing new supplier accounts, purchasing office supplies, preparing payroll, answering telephones, filing, etc.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in company training programs and commits to self development. Essential Competencies* Balfour Beatty Band/Position Division
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Functional and Technical Skills
* Integrity and Trust
* Learning on the Fly
* Peer Relationships
* Problem Solving
* Self Development
* For key definitions, refer to the Profile for Success
* Associate s or bachelor s degree in Accounting or related field preferred (or equivalent experience) and 2 + years of experience, preferably in the construction industry. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
* Demonstrates proficiency in basic accounting principles.
* Demonstrates solid customer service skills and verbal/written skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to be a team player and function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure
* Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.#LI-POST Apply Now