Project Administrator 9/16/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Provides project management support for programs by assisting leaders in planning, executing, monitoring and closing projects.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides project management support through the development and monitoring of new relationship implementation plans including documenting scope, goal and objectives, status and completion in collaboration with ND staff.
* Performs and supports other business and network development activities, including market analyses, market research, preparation of business and/or program plans, and tracking of initiatives related to specific relationships.
* Supports strong referral relationships between providers by helping to collect, track and update provider information used in referral management and reporting.
* Supports regulatory and other reporting efforts which may include participating in the development or completion of required submissions to various external organizations.
* Assists in the development of information to be incorporated into departmental presentations. Ability to manipulate data in excel and/ or access for inclusion in table or graphic format in ND presentations.
* Documents project scope, goals and objectives, success criteria, assumptions and team memberships through rigorous analytical processes under direction of project sponsors(s).
* Designs communication strategies for project process.
* Prepares engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
* Identifies resource needs and project stake holders.
* Facilitates participation by team members and the documentation of processes.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Project management experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Additional training and experience in project management preferred.
* Experience in an academic or healthcare environment preferred.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Under the SVP, Network Integration, the Network Development Department is
responsible for the development and growth of BIDMC's hospital and physician
network. Over the last several years, our network has successfully expanded and now includes three member hospitals several affiliated hospitals, and an ever growing base of employed primary care physicians as well as a large physician network. The Department's work is focused in three main areas: business development and network planning implementing & executing network strategies with new and existing affiliates and relationship building and referral development initiatives with our network partners, referring providers and physicians/groups.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf