Project Analyst (Assoc., Sr., Lead), Global IS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
PROJECT ANALYST (ASSOC., SR., LEAD), GLOBAL IS
JOB ID 20162954 DATE POSTED 09/15/2016 Description
National Grid is an international Electric and Gas Company and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. We are committed to being an innovative leader in energy management and to safeguarding our global environment
* Consistent growth potential through company leadership programs
* Competitive and robust benefits and compensation with Bonus potential
* Numerous wellness programs and access to on site gym 24/7- depending on location
* A multitude of company endorsed community programs to participate in
* Access to a full service cafeteria
We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals who want to join a dynamic and fast paced organization going through major transformation. If you are someone who s looking to bring innovation, contribute ideas and play a part in renewing the Information Systems organization we want to hear from you!
The Program Delivery Project Analyst is part of the Enablement & Process Excellence (PEX) team and will assist with budgeting, forecasting and other financial support to the US IS Program Delivery team. Reports to the Enablement Manager, US IS Program Delivery and assists with collecting jurisdictional/portfolio financials and performance data used in developing reports, and reviewing for accuracy. Also responsible for assisting in the creation, delivery and optimization of Financial Management processes and functions to ensure IS operates with maximum financial efficiency and transparency to generate the greatest value for the Business.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
The Project Analyst is accountable to perform a wide range of functions which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Assist with the development and production of periodic financial performance metrics on jurisdictional/portfolio spend and operational costs for inclusion in monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including relevant variance analysis and commentary on results.
* Coordinate with the IS Finance, Planning & Performance Management and US Program Delivery teams, acting as financial point of contact and assist with implementing value initiatives to help IS in developing the right metrics to measure its performance and to standardize processes & tools.
* Operationally facilitate the monthly forecasting process, ensuring completeness and adherence to process.
* Utilize historical financial data to assist with the development of project budget, resource and forecasting plans.
* Assist Program Delivery Managers/Project Managers with the development of monthly/fiscal year end accruals.
* Assist in ad-hoc reporting to support requests.
* Responsible for maintaining reports and performance documentation
The successful candidate(s) will have the following knowledge and experience:
* A Bachelor's degree and more than 3+ years of related experience OR in lieu of a degree, equivalent work experience.
* Must have recent Project Analyst experience with a focus on Investment and Project/Portfolio Planning, and Forecasting, including operational resources and program costs.
* Working knowledge of Operating vs. Capital Expense rules for internal software development
* Analysis of business performance and development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Knowledge of MS Project, and/or other Project Management software and demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office Suite of products is a must.
* Experience in fact finding including knowledge and understanding of where to find and how to present relevant information.
The successful candidate(s) will have demonstrated capabilities to:
* Proven IS business acumen.
* Experience in Process Improvement projects
* Proficiency in SharePoint 2010 or newer
* Handle multiple tasks and determine priorities in an ever changing environment while remaining flexible/adaptable as priorities change.
* Work independently as well as in a team based environment.
* Organize and prioritize work effectively and efficiently.
* Quickly grasp complex issues and effectively integrate, compile and analyse complex information and data.
* Problem solve by providing timely and accurate interpretation of analyses.
* Communicate effectively and tactfully, both orally and in writing.
* Prepare and conduct a quality presentation to large groups, all levels of leadership and key stakeholders both internally and externally.
* Positively influence others and gain their cooperation.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
The selected candidate will move laterally at their current band and market reference point and will not be eligible for a promotion at the time of accepting this position. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during the annual salary planning process.
:IS Service Delivery
:Sep 15, 2016, 11:20:23 AM