This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONLife Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Project Analyst At our Philadelphia, PA office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
The Philadelphia, PA office of Life Cycle Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Project Analyst who wishes to develop a project management career path in the engineering and technical field. The selected candidate will support the Navy's Engineering Navigation and Steering Controls Group. This position will interface with U.S. Navy civilian engineering and program management personnel, shipbuilder, shipsforce, support contractors and industry representatives.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
* Assist clients in developing Engineering Change Plans (ECPs), Ship Change Designs (SCDs)
* Assist clients in obtaining approval of Changes and Alterations.
* Schedule and track alterations through the SHIPMAIN Process by working with multiple clients on completing the necessary tasks and milestones required for maturity.
* Assist clients with the Regional Maintenance & Modernization Coordination Office (RMMCO) check-in & check-out process.
* Provide project coordination support in the areas of technical data, financial management and program reviews by managing monthly status reports.
* Coordinate configuration management processes and meetings.
* Monitor and report performance against plans to ensure that program objectives are met.
* Assist with processing of Environmental Qualification Testing approvals and certifications.
* Participate in identification, processing, and disposition of obsolete equipment.
Education & Experience
* Associates or Bachelors degree
* 3-5 years project management experience
* Knowledge of US Navy terminology/processes (or ability to learn them quickly) strongly desired
* Shipboard experience including navigation, charts and radar helpful
* Ability to prioritize and complete numerous tasks
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
Skills, Abilities & Traits
* High comfort level working with and around all military/organizational levels, clients, suppliers, and visitors
* Ability to manage multiple program components and activities simultaneously, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness is achieved per contract requirements
* Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work of the team as a whole
* Must be able to establish a professional rapport with all contract/project stakeholders
* Must be sensitive to the professional expectations of the business, ensuring a positive interaction and impression for all stakeholders
* Highly reliable and capable of meeting work schedule consistently
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
Physical Demands & Expectations
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting
* Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.