Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) is seeking a Project Analyst to join its talented team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. SGT, headquartered in Greenbelt Maryland, is the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD. (http://www.siouxfalls.org)
The Project Analyst will support the Technical Support Services Contract, Remote Sensing Division Program Management & Controls group as part of the USGS Land Satellites Data System (LSDS) Program. The analyst will be responsible to lead the organization in the implementation of the Project Management Institute (PMI) principles for project management and controls for multiple knowledge areas such as scope, schedule, change management, document management, and/or quality. The individual will work with the staff, contractor technical managers, and the government customer to define an implementation strategy and develop artifacts, documentation, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to build a solid program management and controls foundation for the organization. This foundation will be used across the various projects of the LSDS Program and the analyst will work with the contractor and government project managers/leads utilizing the existing software tools to create and maintain the artifacts. Typical artifacts can include management and control plans, change requests, quality metrics, status reports, project schedules, project resource estimates, monthly analysis reports, etc.
The analyst must have the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment with other contractor staff and the government customer. The position requires strong technical writing and verbal communication skills and the individual must have the ability to take initiative, develop creative solutions, and have a willingness to learn.
Education and Experience:
* BS/BA degree in business administration, mathematics, management information systems, computer science or related field preferred
* 4+ years of experience in project management and controls desired
* PMP certification desired
* Excellent quantitative, analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills
* Experience using project management tools for scope, schedule, change management, document management, and/or quality planning and control
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a dynamic environment
* Ability to multi-task and support multiple customers/projects
* Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Desired experience implementing the principles of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guide for project management and controls
* Desired experience developing project management principles, policies, and procedures
* Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Strong technical writing skills
* Ability to lead the organization in multiple PMI knowledge areas
* Desired skill with one or more project management tools including, IBM DOORS, Oracle Primavera, Atlassian Confluence and JIRA, IRIS Intelligence, Serena Business Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, or Microsoft Access
* Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) desired, but not required
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Credential for facility and system access.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.