Project Analyst - West Africa (3428)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
LMI is seeking a Project Analyst for an anticipated USAID health supply chain management project in support of West Africa to include the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Benin, and other West Africa nations to be determined. The project provides technical assistance to:
* Strengthen regional, national and sub-national health supply systems, with a focus on Francophone countries;
* Strengthen regional organizations and south-south learning for improved health commodity security, with a focus on Francophone countries supported under this TO; and
* Strengthen supply chain management in Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) countries in Africa for global health security and emergency preparedness.LMI is a mission-driven consulting firm committed to improving the management of government. With more than 1,000 consultants, we design and implement practical solutions to some of the toughest problems facing federal leaders in logistics, management, and information technology. For more than 50 years, we have put our customers interest first. For more information, please visit http://www.ghsc.lmi.org/. The Task Order Director will serve as the main point of contact for the TO and share responsibility for the success of the program with the IDIQ Director. The Task Order Director will also serve as the main point of contact for the Task Order Contracting Officer and thr Task Order Contracting Officer Representartive and for the relevant Offices and programs (e.g., HIV, Malaria, FP, MCH, GHSA) within USAID s Bureau of Global Health. The TO Director must maintain an understanding of logistics and systems strengthening technical assistance. As the project s lead representative to USAID, multilateral organizations and local stakeholders, he/she will direct a team of technical experts to ensure project activities are implemented to the highest standard.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Responsibilities may include: Supporting innovative strategies and programmatic goals to maximize impact of project activities; assist with developing relationships and collaboration with donors, government ministries, civil society, and the private sector; and assist with the overall start-up management of the task order. He/she will coordinate directly with the functional leads, government officials, and staff to ensure that the program objectives are meet. These management responsibilities will include, as appropriate, coordinating with other USAID-supported programs and partners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Job Functions)
* This project will be a key component of USAID s overall health strategy in-country.
* Demonstrated experience completing high quality complex global health projects or activities with time sensitive deliverables.
* At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
* A bachelors degree in business administration, public administration, international relations, public health, operations or other relevant subjects. Possession of a bachelor s degree in the same fields and an additional five years of work experience beyond the ten required above may be substituted for a graduate degree
* A graduate degree in management, international development, public health or a related field is preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English and French, both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrates an extensive proven record of success, managing efforts to identify and address client needs, community and relations.
* Native or full professional proficiency in both English and French.
In addition to the requirements stated above, the following qualifications are preferred:
* Demonstrated familiarity with administrative, contracting, hiring, recruitment, financial, and other management procedures to perform tasks and responsibilities in their position description.
* Experience working in Francophone developing countries.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tysons, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.